Mixture control indication and settings

What setting must I have so I can see the percentage of the Mixture control of the Grand Caravan or the Cessna 172 G1000?. At the moment When I put my mouse over it to move it I only get the indication MIXTURE.

I think that depends on what interaction method you use. With legacy I’m not sure it’s possible to show, but with lock you need to have the tooltips option enabled.

BTW, the grand caravan has a turbine engine and thus no mixture; the arrow points to the condition lever which is different. (For example, you wouldn’t move the condition lever down at higher altitudes.)

@TemperedPaper48
Mixture is the wrong label for turboprop engines in MSFS.

The condition lever is only at low idle during taxiing to prevent the aircraft from accelerating too much on ground.

Before take off until after landing it must be at high idle.

Since the mixture simulation isn’t realistic in MSFS, I would set it to automatic.

1 Like

Before the SU5 when I was moving this partular level it used to show me the percentage value.

1 Like

Where is this setting?

I’m presently not in front of my PC, but AFAIR it’s in the realism menu.

Btw, that’s correct, prior to SU5 the % values were there.
But I think this presently affects all indications.

1 Like

Propellers, turboprops etc.
Change cockpit interaction system from LEGACY to LOCK.
Options > general options > accessibility > cockpit interaction system
Select LOCK and save changes.

Also select default mouse profile.
Go to options > controls options > mouse
Select default profile and save changes

image image image

1 Like

Thanks a lot

You’re very welcome.
Mark as solution :slight_smile:

edit

Solution

Doesn’t using LOCK prevent the correct use of e.g. the FCU on the A320?

Those new tooltips are way to big. I wish we got the old tooltips with Legacy

Screenshot (10)

1 Like

Nope if you know how :wink:

Oh, ok. It’s just because of this post:

Yes, it did. It was removed at the same time as this new “lock-on” method was introduced.

1 Like

Mixture in non-turbo props you dial and set where the engine does the highest RPM per your atmospheric pressure.
You can do this on the ramp.

I am not a pilot but have decades of flight simming.
When in a real Cessna, my pilot told me ‘at take off and on final, you set Mixture and Prop to Max, for safety’, which I don’t quite understand as a general remark for you want max performance.

Then again I am and this was in The Netherlands which is mostly at sea level (and below), but still performance depends on atmospheric pressure, temperature, humidity etc, so dialing your mix for max effectiveness seems the best rule.

F.i. in MSFS at Lukla at 9000ft in Nepal, if you spawn on the runway, your mixture will be automatically set to less than half, where your max RPM is for that altitude. Same during flight, during climb you change the Mixture (and the Prop for the noise, and some fuel saving <> speed).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.