MOD for Garmin 3000 doesn't allow me to shut MSFS down

Adding in the MOD for the Garmin 3000 was nice until I tried to shut down to my desktop from MSFS. It seems as long as this MOD is in my community folder, I am forced to hit control, alt, delete and end task. I really like the features of that Garmin over the standard offering from MSFS’s team, but am annoyed at the inability of the sim to shut down normally. When will the MSFS team finally pay attention to this important aspect of flying and update the standard offering of the NAV systems for those of us who like flying IFR.

Hi there,

This is not really a simulator problem. If you remove the road data, you will find that the sim shuts down quite quickly. Our G3000 road data addition loads all the road data into the instrument and while this is the workaround, it also means the JS side has to clear gigabytes of memory on shutdown, which it was never designed for.

Additionally, since Working Title is now a first party developer on Flight Simulator, the team indeed is paying attention and these offerings will be updated in the sim.

-Matt | Working Title