Monitor Height & View

I just watched a YouTube video where the chap has his main monitor set really low, so his panels, instruments, touch screens etc are covering up approximately the bottom 3rd of his main monitor/outside view covering the default cockpit panel and instruments.

I’ve always had my main monitor ‘jacked up’ to what is probably a very unrealistic height just so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything my main monitor displays. I actually get a stiff neck from looking up slightly.

I think I’m going to give this a try at the expense of losing the lower 3rd of my outside view, which is instruments anyway.

Any thoughts or ideas on this ? It seems to be a trade off.

I can’t really picture what you mean. Can you take a screenshot of the YT vid and paste it here?

I’ll do that. I’m just trying to get some ideas on monitor/instrument placing.

Ergonomics are more important in my opinion. You said:

That is not good and should be a priority. I actually have an “external reminder” (=an hourly buzzer) which reminds me to reset/check/take action etc. to avoid this.

I use a flight panel for several displays etc and have my monitor set just at the top. The clever bit for me, was the decision to use articulated gas arm lifts for the monitors, (I have 3 of these) which allows me to move screens wherever I want them to be. It made finding that sweet spot really easy.