Mooney M20R Ovation- Fuel selector and lower radio cannot be interacted with

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO

Brief description of the issue:
Mooney M20R Ovation- Fuel selector and lower radio cannot be interacted with.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Try to select left or right fuel tank. Selector will not move.
Lower radio stack cannot be interacted with at all.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

2 Likes

Same exact issues. Sit long enough messing with controls and the app eventually crashes. I guess we wait for another update? Getting pretty stupid with feature updates breaking things every other time.

2 Likes

I just tried this, and yep, getting the same thing too here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same issues to me.

2 Likes

Yap, same here. The plane is useless without the fuel selector so…

2 Likes

Mooney is a Carenado plane. They have their own help desk / support.

1 Like

Same here. I send them a support request on their Zendesk.

2 Likes

Yep same here. No mods installed. I’ve sent a support ticket to Carenado

1 Like

same. Really wish there was a better relationship between msft and Carenado and a better dev ops process. The updates are painfully slow.

3 Likes

Mentioned this in a thread about CTD’s. Why not give these devs the development build ahead of time so they at least get a heads up of things that will break and start working on a fix. They give it to their community testers… All the planes I fly are grounded due to a variety of issues that came with the update.

1 Like

Same problems and cannot push ADF button to change 10’s digit frequency, Speed brake light does not work.

2 Likes

Here is what I sent to Carenado: , Aug 1, 2021, 9:00 GMT-4:

Since MSFS update 5, the fuel selector has not worked, and is stuck in the off position. Realistically, the plane will not run this way. The same thing was occurring with many of the default planes. This was fixed with a hot patch. The hot patch has not addressed this problem in the Mooney. Please don’t tell me to notify Asobo, they will refer me back here. Thank you for your attention to this.

And the response: Your request (#62444) has been deemed solved. To reopen, reply to this email or follow the link below:
http://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/requests/62444

Carenado Support, Aug 4, 2021, 13:13 GMT-4:

Thanks, this has been reported to our dev team for correction.
Regards

Carenado.

I’m not so hopeful this will be addressed anytime soon. Thankfully, Just Flight has been much more proactive. I, of course, did respond and let them know the problem was still occurring.

UPDATE: They did get back to me after I asked about their comment about the issue being deemed resolved. That is their standard response to an issue after it is sent to the development team.

3 Likes

After an hour looking for binding issues (and having received Bravo throttle same day as SU5 came out and not being sure whether the issue was Bravo or SU5 making it even more confusing) it’s nice to know that it is not just me.

2 Likes

It was working much better before the update. Unfortunate timing on your part. I would suggest, stick around, this is an interesting ride. I am hopeful that the upcoming hot fix will address at least some of these issues.

1 Like

Same problem after the latest hotfix. There is no excuse for this.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft. Bugs and Issues is for stock sim aircraft and items only.

Same here, fuel selector stuck at off and no response from nav/com 2. I’ve also noticed the spoiler doesn’t deploy.

3 Likes

The spoliers do not deploy using a key or button or anything else on any planes. It has to be done in the cockpit.

Before the update I had a joystick button that worked. Now it makes a noise like the spoiler deploying but no indicator is raised and no drag for sure. I don’t even know where the spoiler lever is in the cockpit.

Dear MSFS 2020 devs:
Please stop breaking things while attempting to fix others.

3 Likes