More ATC voices

If you use offline voices it will pull speech from any of the the language packs you have installed locally - so you can already get regional accents. Same in Pilot2ATC.

Without a doubt the number of voices are extremely limited, and they

• get repetitious
  • get confusing in a busy area
  • get boring because they are always using the same inflections

I’ve tried the online and offline voices, and although the offline ones are different, there are still only a couple of them, and one of them sounds like an 8 year-old kid. And I get no regional accents - they’re all American - even though I have downloaded all the regional English speech/accent packs that Microsoft offers.

I don’t know why they can’t have a variety of accents: Microsoft offers AI voices that sound very human, and with a variety of accents: US, English RP, Irish, Indian, etc. It would be nice to hear Irish accents in Ireland, English in England, Scottish in Scotland, NZ in New Zealand, etc. Surely it can’t be that hard.

+1 I agree with this and this entire thread. Regional accents would be absolutely amazing and bring an immense level of realism to this already realistic sim:)

1 Like

I’m confused about the voices issue. I hear no talk about ATC and the aircraft always using the same voice as I am experiencing. It may change to a different voice at another airport, but the communication is always between two entities with the same voice. Am I the only one having this issue?

1 Like

No, you are not alone in this. Others are also affected by the problem, me too. For a few months now.

Thanks. Just wondering if I had a configuration issue or needed to submit a ticket. I guess it’s more of a wish list item.

Is it me, or does this problem seem worse after SU14? I used to get some variety, now every voice on a frequency is the same voice. This seems like something that would be so easy to fix.

2 Likes

I’m the only male voce, then both ATC and AI all use the same female voice