More candid insight from Aerosoft's project manager on MSFS, the CRJ, the SDK and the add-on market

Agreed I cant wait either. :slight_smile:

Teasing intensifies from Mr. Kok. :eyes:

“Sorry, but we are unable to share information on that at this moment. See it as a good sign.”

Do you think the release will happen these days? :stuck_out_tongue: although honestly I don’t see it happening

Normally when you get “no comment” answers is because an official announcement is imminent.

1 Like

yup. a pause at top of descent would be very useful for when RL gets in the way of a longish flight. :slight_smile:

He’s talking about the implementation of a feature (pause on TOD), not the release of the CJR itself.

Nah. This is typical developerese. They’ve gone from full-sharing to full no comment. That’s indeed a “good sign” not just for a specific feature.

He was answering the question above his post.

I am aware. He has also answered literally every question since yesterday the same way after answering every question before yesterday with details.

That’s what happens when a developer locks down before making a reveal.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

This would be a nice Xmas present, I’m checking there site everyday at the moment,

I have a feeling they will just drop it without much marketing it will sell itself, abit like when they dropped there freeware paladin airport just out of nowhere.

I doubt it’s gonna be by Christmas, but there’s certainly a possibility for next week.

1 Like

Sorry maybe I didn’t put it across in the correct way
I didn’t actually mean the 25th was more of the holiday season

Regards

1 Like

Well, looks like we’re back to “don’t know” :joy:

Friends, there is no release imminent, calm down.

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked what is being shared. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly. As a result you will not find a lot of insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on.

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently.

Da*n marketing :joy:

2 Likes

This CRJ development is giving me anxiety

Wonder if marketing got scared by the buzz. At times marketers do get cold feet when hype goes into overdrive.

1 Like

They’ll be “printing money” whenever they release it, but they’ll still want to focus on how to maximise sales

:joy:

This is the reason I was trying lower the expectations for an imminent release. As I understood this post, he was just saying they were working on the feature (pause of TOD) and they couldn’t comment any further. Nothing related with the actual release of the CRJ. I’m also anxious to see this plane released, but they should just take their time and be sure it’s good enough, which I believe they are doing.

Not making public statements about dates is a good thing as I see it.

We’ll see. I’m still optimistic, mostly because if the release by the end of the year was impossible, I expect “marketing” to have mentioned it as soon as possible to calm the hype.

That being said, It’ll come when it’ll come. The 320nx is keeping me happily occupied for now, and the update was great.

4 Likes

Quite possible. A pity, if that’s the case, because Mr. Kok’s open communication pretty much helped the project a lot, not just in the forum, but also generating quite a bit of press reach, with sites picking up screenshots and new detals. I can’t see a single way in which it could be construed as less than a net positive for the product and Aerosoft.

I used to work in a place that had a lot of office politicking before, and it was hell. I’m glad that now there’s none at my workplace.

3 Likes