More Physics, More Real Winds

With OBS studio you don’t need a reply system. You can record while flying. It doesn’t matter if your landings are not perfect, only to see them on your system it would be wonderful for the improvement of MSFS.

Look at this :

How about watching my other two videos, and tell me what do you think? Maybe you can show me how to get FS2020 give me the experience as in the other two videos. I would be very happy. Thank you.

You can see the other two videos in the previous posts. (just above.)

It is kinda a let down that they praised how good the Sims physics were at launch and everyone’s bubble got popped. I do think it’s a goal they definitely have at the forefront of their minds and it’s consistently worked. For some reason it’s true what others are saying, let’s make it beautiful first. Backwards for simmers, forwards for gamers. They fact that simmers are such a small niche in the overall picture it doesn’t surprise nor even bother me in the least. Just longer for the overall polish that’s all. :blush:

2 Likes

I think that the developer team really put some physics into the weather, but if they see my videos, they will surly understand how you can give games to play with physics as never before, and make it a real simulator that even REAL simulator developers will be surprised how a game like FS2020 turned out so good.

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Regardless of the physics engine, the planes need to be well done. The feature discovery videos show the engine, but whether the planes themselves are well done is something else. We will truly get an idea of the engine when we get some better aircraft hopefully. I’m sure they’ll keep improving it too

I will say that the turbulence is much better in MSFS (source: student pilot irl) and the taildraggers feel good too (I fly a taildragger irl) or at least good enough for me to not feel a bit difference (I am just a student though)

1 Like

How can you say that considering taildraggers don’t even ground loop in MSFS? Gyroscopic effect is also not there or hardly noticeable.

1 Like

How about a link to those videos? I love to learn how the dynamics of a sim/game work and how these days it’s really not just about making msfs a hybrid but putting everything into it they can. We’ve witnessed how complicated it’s been for them but I’m really intrigued in learning just how daunting the task is. It makes me understand more why I appreciate what they’re doing. I just LOVE so much about it!

I haven’t tried to groundloop, so I don’t know. The in air behavior and landing behavior feels good.

It’s usually exactly the opposite problem with taildraggers IRL, you are trying not to groundloop. :wink:

I’d like to know which taildragger you are flying as a student pilot?
That’s a bit uncommon these days.

Please Explain? I don’t understand the relevance to taildragger?
I will send you the situation file, and you try it, and show me, Thank you.

Look in the first post, there are three videos.

1 Like

Full aileron deflection and zero resulting roll…definitely not realistic at all.

xwnd was always one of x-planes weak point.

Do you know why resulting no roll? Have you tried landing a strong cross wind, 43 knots?

Well you are not giving much rudder input so should not affect aileron effectiveness at all. Full aileron input and complete lack of roll response is not realistic at all. Even when flying cross controlled I doubt there will be such a lack in roll authority. I have never seen it in real life at least and I have made plenty of crosswind landings over the last 10 years.

2 Likes

Yes, of course I have. Never experienced a complete lack of roll control in these cases.

1 Like

Show me how you do it in FS2020, please, I would love to have these tense moments with FS2020 and strong cross winds, Show me a video that I will really get impressed. Thank you.

These moments are only intense because x-plane is simply doing a bad job when simulating xwnd.

At low speeds with strong gusting cross winds, the rudder input prevents the roll of the plane and the deflection of the nose to the runway centerline is possible that is why you can’t see the roll, because of the strong rudder inputs.

Then show me strong gusting cross winds on FS2020. Like the ones that I display on the videos. Please.

Well, if there was such a strong rudder input that it would cancel out any roll input, the nose should move a lot, which it doesn’t.
Again, not realistic.

2 Likes