Mouse cursor randomly DOESN'T REAPPEAR when moving around (translation) in the cockpit after last “mouse going to top left corner” fix

Same happens to me with the addition of the top bar never hidding 100%. Icons go away but the ribbon stays. Anybody else having this issue as well?

this is really annoying, need to fix this, makes it difficult when mouse flying as you have to recenter everytime…

Same here. Seems to me the developers have thrown away their PCs and only using Xboxes as this (along with a pile of other bugs) should have been stark staring obvious to anybody using the sim on a PC for more than 5 minutes. I think it good to bring in “fresh blood” (Xbox users) to the community but I feel like I’m paying a heavy price for them, to the point of leaving the simming community because I’m just fed up of stuff like this happening and the TERRIBLE degradation of visul quality. Maybe the devs should have been given more time for testing/fixing bugs seeing as you can’t actually buy an Xbox these days anyway!

1 Like

Same here. Sometimes it disappears entirely sometimes it goes to the top left.

I’ve found that it mostly seems to happen if you move around the cockpit first, without right clicking the mouse. If you right click first, then move around while holding right click, it seems to do alright

Very frustrating

1 Like

Same thing for me… And another problem when I move the head with right click I can’t use any axis like, Yoke, Rudder, Throttle!!

1 Like

This is absolutely broken for me.
Decided to use the gamepad so I don’t have to install the whole HOTAS.

Every time the stick goes down or I press d-pad down, the mouse cursor disappears to the top left.
Game breaking overall for me since the controller overrules the mouse completely and some of the buttons, as explained above, move the cursor to the top left of the screen.

As someone specified above, anyone testing the sim on PC for a flight or two would’ve noticed that the mouse feels absolutely horrid. I’ll also throw the console tooltips for instrument names compared to before, which occupy an enormous amount of screen. Was nice to have them show whether a button is pressed or not instead of getting a wikipedia page for the button every time i look at something.

6 Likes

I kind of remember having a problem like this… being unable to control the aircraft in situations when I could before… but I don’t remember when it happened

Same for me!
Related: Mouse pointer jumping to the top left corner of the screen (after SU5)

1 Like

It’s the whole Keyboard&Mouse vs. Gamepad system which is broken.

Before SU5 I used the Keyb&Mouse to look around and interact with the systems of the airplane. I could switch seamlessly between them and the gamepad.

Now everything is broken. Whenever I touch the gamepad, the mouse cursor moves to the top left. I can open the game menu with ESC. But I can’t leave that same menu with ESC? ■■■?
The menus in general are broken because of this. I always get displayed the “key” to select a menu item, but this “key” is a controller bind. Other games do this way better and this game has done it okay before SU5. If you want an example look at rockstar and their GTA5/RDR2 games. If I’m in the menu, as soon as I touch the mouse, everything changes to keyboard&mouse inputs. Touch the controller? Change to that.

This is very sad and as others have said elsewhere it seems that this (and other problems) stems from the almighty new Xbox implementation. I hope that the developers try to fix this.

6 Likes

Yes, completely broken is an adept description.
I’m wondering if HOTAS + kb/mouse combo is as broken.

But gamepad + kb/mouse is right now just completely unplayable for me, which is super sad since I was fairly hyped for this update. Now I want to go back.

HOTAS and mouse is broken. When using the hat switch on the joystick to pan around in external view, the cursor disappears altogether making it virtually impossible to fly the aircraft

2 Likes

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/113406
they marked my ticket as solved .__.

I’m going to try again now but I’m pretty sure that I had this issue this morning and it isn’t solved yet

EDIT: Maybe they solved it but it isn’t released yet? They should say something about the status of the ticket

EDIT2: Yep, it isn’t solved.

agree this one is incredibly annoying, i wanted to write a post but i saw one allready so here is my vote mate

2 Likes

I still have the issue it is really annoying especially when you are trying to land in bad weather. Lot of things to keep up with and the mouse should not be one of them. Here is my vote.

3 Likes

This also happens to me, +1. It’s moderately annoying too because sometimes the mouse doesn’t even come back.

If you’re going to reposition the mouse after translating the cockpit camera, at the very least put it in the middle, not the top left corner!

4 Likes

So frustrating, sim almost unplayable now.
Since update 5 mouse cursor moves to top left when changing views with any of Hatswitch, Xbox controller or keyboard.

2 Likes

This is a really annoying issue and kills the immersion during struggle to find your cursor. I hope it will not be ignored. Please consider this in your upcoming hotfixes.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

They marked again the ticket as solved, but no answer or anything. I don’t know if that means that the fix is already corrected (wich is not) or that the fix is corrected and addressed to be released in the next update.

I think there should be better understanding of what the feedback of Zendesk actually means.

1 Like

It’s weird closing a ticket without any note as solved. Let’s wait and see in the upcoming hot fix and devolopment update notes in case it’ll be sorted out with world update. It’s an important bug and I dont want to see this as ignored by Asobo. I’m sure they’ll do their job.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Bug still present after hotfix. Submited to Zendesk because they marked it as solved (and I wanted to wait in order to see if MAYBE it’s solved in the hotfix)

1 Like