Mouse Dissapearing, Lock/Legacy Related Issue?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
The issue is present both with add-ons in the Community folder, and without.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
The issue was present with Developer Mode OFF, and it’s still present with Developer Mode ON.

Brief description of the issue:
After SU5 the mouse started dissapearing and sometimes even “jumping around” (a few minutes ago it even jumped to the other screen…). Since this happens and a white dot appears in the middle on the screen when I move the camera with my XBOX One Controller I assume it must be related to the new Lock/Legacy cursor system.

Since Legacy isn’t actually… welp… Legacy, the middle-of-the-screen cursor still appears when I use my controller. This issue is currently game breaking for me, as I cannot manipulate most of the instruments while in-flight.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
EDIT: Video finally uploaded properly. Sorry for the quality but it’s the best I could do with H.264 and AAC (which are kinda necessary to make the video play for eveyone).

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Start a Flight with both a mouse and XBOX One Controller connected (model shouldn’t matter as far as I’m aware).
  2. Use the controller (e.g. move yoke, move camera, etc…) while moving the mouse around.
  3. Switch Lock/Legacy in Accesibility options.
  4. Profit (?).

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX 3080
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1110
XBOX One Controller (duh)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Nope

Me and my friend experienced these exact issues as well yesterday after testing out SU5!

Super frustrating that basic things like these are broken now… what kind of QA didn’t notice that?

I can also say that this happened without an xbox controller connected. Me and the friend I was flying with only use keyboard + mouse with the addition of a joystick. Still, mouse dissapears frequently when right-clicking the mouse to look around, and sometimes “jumps” to the upper left corner of the screen.

3 Likes

My mouse pointer disappears completely too sometimes. I’ve found that I have to hit ESC to temporarily exit the flight, then Resume in order to bring the pointer back.

3 Likes

This is all for the Xbox adaptation. The camera also starts dancing. When I turn the ship to the right, the camera in the cockpit also moves horizontally to the right. It is impossible to control the gamepad. Then the camera drops to the floor, a white dot appears, and I can’t do anything. Nothing is working. Then the cursor starts flashing and jumping. all menu buttons become unavailable.

1 Like

Hi, everyone!

I’ve looked and searched since last night!
I have exactly the same problem, exactly as described above!
Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to make a realistic flight, because the mouse jumps to the top left, into the screen or sometimes disappears completely, I can then only bring it back visibly by pressing the ESC button!

I am following this topic here because that is the worst mistake for me!

3 Likes

Yup. Xbox controller on PC is a huge issue. Can’t use the sim at all.

I just want it to act how it did in SU4. That’s it. It worked. They broke it. I can’t control anything.

5 Likes

when i go to free look with mouse locks out all my flight controls till i stop free looking

2 Likes

Man, it’s just depressing :stuck_out_tongue: Everything was so stable before this update… well, relatively speaking anyways, haha.

1 Like

dont msfs team do test flights after making updates today i just gave up auto pilot does not work going to way points and other issues sim is worse now than it was when 1st released

1 Like

Then it’s most likely a generic issue caused by having a controller, any type of controller compatible with the new cursor system.

How curious that a feature made so users that play with different type of periferals could interact with the cockpit without touching the mouse, completly broke the whole controller-mouse/joystick-mouse flow.

Can anybody else here replicate the issue without using some sort controller/joystick?

2 Likes

I second this… this is the most annoying “feature” so far…

1 Like

I have the same problem!

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem, the mouse keep disappearing to the left side of the screen, its like snapping back to 11 o clock position all the time and also sometime its gone for a minute and had to use reset camera to make it appear again…

2 Likes

I had an issue in VR where Windows was automatically switching input to Windows Mixed Reality when wearing the headset which resulted in the mouse cursor dissapearing.

I don’t remember having this issue before. Disabling Win+‘Y’ fixed the issue but either the behaviour has changed or maybe a Windows update reset my manual choice in the WMR settings, I’m not sure to be honest how it happened but the issue started with this patch.

Indeed… I can try to test it out later today when I am back home. Disconnecting the joystick and seeing how it behaves with only mouse + keyboard.

Same here, the mouse keep disappearing to the left side of the screen when I move in the cockpit

Well, I removed my joystick from the system in the loaded simulator (Airport)! If I now press the right mouse button (keep it pressed) and then move with the arrow key, I have no more problems and the mouse appears as it was last! If I move with the arrow keys first, the mouse cursor moves straight to the top left to the edge of the screen! Looks to me like my joystick is recognized as a controller!

After I plug my joystick back in the same lap, it is recognized as such and the mouse appears to be functioning normally again as described above!
Please to those who have the same problem, test it out with you in the simulator and let me know!

Load the simulator at the gate (airport) - remove the joystick and wait briefly until the system detects that it is missing! - Re-insert the joystick and wait until the system has recognized the stick again!
Then it should work with the mouse and movement.

IMPORTANT: First hold down the right mouse button, then move with the arrow key! I hope this helps us until the bugs are fixed!

Same problem as the first post. Using a normal controller + mouse and keyboard. When I want to press any of the buttons in the cockpit, my mouse keeps disappearing, flickering or moving to the middle of the screen. Its unplayable like this and needs to be fixed. None of the fixes helped.

I have the same problem. the mouse keeps disappearing when a controller is connected. i can barely click because the cursor disappears too quickly. when i disconnect the controller (ps4 DS in my case) from the pc, i can use the mouse as usual. I didn’t have this problem before the update (6/27/21). we urgently need a solution, i would not like to throw my pc out of the window for it. I’m really disappointed that something “breaks” with every update

I have this problem with and without mods/liveries.

THE OPTION LEGACY IS ON

with controller:

without controller:

Have this issue as well. It destroy the smooth handeling in this sim

1 Like