Mouse Freezing in VR

I haven’t used the sim for the past 6 weeks and I just tried a VR flight today and it was unusable because of the mouse freezing. The freezing seems like it gets caught up/stuck in specific parts of each airplane I’ve tried it in so far.

I was running the AA1 beta just fine prior, today I updated to the final version but that has been the only change.

Any ideas what could be going on?

The headset is a Reverb G2 and the mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3.

Do you have the sim full screen on your display, to ensure the mouse is always within the sim window?

Yes, full screen.

What I’m finding odd is how specifically it seems to get stuck. Some parts of the view it works fine, like over glass panels.

Just adding, it doesn’t happen in menus or in 2D either.

It’s happening to me as well. I’ve also noticed that the tab menu doesn’t always work either. I’ll try to interact with the weather box, and the mouse is frozen. Pressing escape, and going to the MSFS settings menu, then back to the game again seems to fix the frozen mouse issue for me.

It’s frustrating though.

Cheers,

My issue eventually went away. After several reboots and driver updates I decided to just push though it and after getting the engine started (which wasn’t easy) the problem just went away, for all airplanes. The key seemed to be the electronics and engine starting up caused the mouse to start working.

I’m kind of wondering if there is something caching wise that may have needed to refresh? I hadn’t flown in over a month.

I used to expereince this issue and found, at least for me, that it was caused by “noisy” controllers. By noisy, I mean a controller that shows constant variation / movement of its axes. I noticed this a lot when I tried using a Logitec throttle quadrant. That thing was absolutely horrible! Its axes were so noisey that you could visibly see the throttle, prop RPM, and mixture levers wobbling in the virtual cockpit. I quickly replaced it with a Honeycomb Bravo and have had almost no mouse issues in VR ever since. Every once in a while I see the mouse lag issue appear, but when I do, its generally because I find I’m unintentionally applying a bit of foot pressure on my Logitech rudder peddals, which are also a little bit noisy when off-center. The issue is quickly fixed by wiggling the rudder a bit to get it back on center and then removing my feet. My point is, you may want to try disconnecting your controllers, just as a test, to see if the mouse issue in VR settles down.

3 Likes

I do have that Logitech throttle quadrant and it is a mess with noise.

That may explain why everything started working after I did a full engine start. I would have had to move the levers.

It was so bad before I was struggling to just activate power switches.

1 Like

After your comment, tried stepping on my pedals and voila, problem went away. Ill go for a pot change

1 Like

Same with me. On wearing the headset for HP reverb G2 the mouse is stuck.
Here are the steps for me always
Start VR, stat x-box app (PC), Put on the headset.
The solution I always use is hitting the Win key on the keyboard twice and it starts responding again.

My original problem was the messy signal from the Logitech throttle quadrant as I’ve had it repeat.

But I have seen what you describe there too.

Then yet another thing will happen where clicks won’t work. That usually resolves with a VR toggle but that can cause performance issues for a minute or two from mode switching.