MS 2020 Sttart up problem

Whilst I simmed quite happily with FSX years ago, I thought I’d upgrade my hardware and dive into MS FX2020. Dive is the correct word because of its size and complexity. Its a beast stacked with options and is absolutely nothing like the old MS Sim packages.

So I thought I’d read up about it and downloaded a couple of so-called manuals but they were woefully short of the sort of detail I needed, especially the sort of detail that you need when you are in trouble.

So, here I am.

I have sorted my yoke and pedals, fired up the first trainer section and am up in a Cessna at 6400 ft, heading at 210degrees in absolutely mind blowing scenery. (especially on a Samsung C49’ curved screen.)

But, after a couple of sentences about who my pilot is and where we are, I hear nothing else. We just fly on forever.

The same issue acts out on the third lesson and I am stuck on the runway with the same pilot and a few of my flying controls work.

I can toggle the view all over the place and I can see, on the runway view that my control surfaces move, and I can increase the throttle, but the brakes don’t come off.

I can reload my old FS X. and all is working as it should. The 2020 version is an Express download.

I MUST be doing something stupid.

My hardware was overheating towards the end and that has been removed for re-working, but this probe existed when it was coo.
I purchased the "Round Japa tTour but that will only start inFly Mode. However, My controller and keyboard options will work on that.

Can anyone help?