MS/Asobo....PLEASE STOP the mandatory updates!

You think the people who had CTDs didn’t do the same ? Some people did complete reinstalls and it still didn’t work.

Generally software companies only release a hotfix 2 days later if there’s a major problem.

Completely re-installing the game without understanding the underlying problem is a complete waste of time. If the crashing is not related to the game but to something else that person is running then going through that entire process is nothing more than technological theatrics.

I hope that will never happen. All users should be on the same version. Otherwise it could only get worse.

Just curious, how do you know its the majority?

I mean you could be right…but just curious as i read a few self-claimed i guess by their action and remarks as acting like some"integrity and value policeman" in the forum and gg ard bashing users with issues as"whinning" , " crying in forum…" and that these users complaining in the forum as not following proper guidance from asobo, hence they have issues etc…if they follow steps correctly there shdnt be an issue just like us etc… sound like alot of assumptions from these users.

So your remark sound just like another such…remember i not saying you are one of them…just familiar tone used…hence am curious how you arrived at the " majority".

So what if it a game breaker for certain grp of users? And unable to get support or resolution? Obviously no refund are possible from developers in these day for digital products…

Millions of users, 60 people in a forum complaining, the arithmetic is not hard.

Yes that is very true, unfortunately they’ve had no Quality Control since release though and that’s what worries me as there is zero sign of improvement, even with a Beta Testing Group now in place.

Didnt know you actually counted and been keeping track of the stats…ok… sound reasonable then for making the claim.

How you imagine developers working on the game when everyone playing a different version?
How other studios manage it? Why do you want to make MSFS and exception? This is how all the games work. People must be on the same version.

What could be done and many developers do is to offer a beta branch for those who want to test it. But letting people stay on older versions is not possible and would only create confusion for users and especially developers.

And if users would actually read what developers tell them we would have much less issues. ALWAYS empty community folder before updating. ALWAYS remove any other modifications (some modify the files in other places). And since the game deletion bug after verifying the files on steam is fixed, do that just as a precaution. Then developers could concentrate on real issues caused by real bugs not affected by users.

But why shd a user constantly think about the developers point or from developer point…sorry as i cant help noticing multiple words like for developer, to developers several times in your message? This is a very complex piece of product you know…any if you read one of the fix to be included in the hotfix…it said fix crashes related to using offline AI? Why would selecting an option that is avail to be selected in the menu lead to crashes? And if such is possible, could there also be some bugs lurking ard such that selecting certain combination of setting available lead to a crash? Is that also the fault of users? Hmmm…

I think it’s quite obvious why i mention developers so many times. The less things they have on their hands to take care of the quicker and more efficiently they’ll work which is beneficial for me as a user. And you’re suggesting the opposite with having the ability to stay on older versions.
I didn’t say there are no bugs, i said that a lot of bugs are caused by users. Yes of course there will be bugs after this hotfix, there will bugs 2 years from now. I don’t think an evolving game without bugs exist.
Hotfix was done in couple of days which is a fast response so all good now. Will see how it goes in the future.

Impossible view MFS20 and on Server therefore requires update

Hmmm…actually I didnt proposed for developer to allow users to stay on old version and then continue to support older builds’ issues…u may have to read my earlier posts in this same thread.

That have been the model so far…mandatory update for all…so why this mess? And remember also the boeing 787 bouncing joke in earlier update…hmm…maybe they could work more efficiently and less hotfixes to push out so soon after an update if they performed more stringent test…maybe if they didnt rush to roll out major update they have less thing on hand to investigate and fix after each update and finally focus on improvement?

Repeating theme from developer after each update…it look worrying actually to me…let see hw it goes in future.

The primary intention of having mandatory updates was to avoid a mess, wasn’t it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Think of the sim as an MMO, everyone needs to be in the same world space…

If there is no internal log, the event log is just a generic corruption exception and they’ve tried the obvious, removing USB peripherals and so on, it’s worth trying. The update system is a bit flakey. It’s a 60Gb download anyway. Some people have very fast broadband which makes it a viable option. It takes me all day to download 120Gb

If you haven’t noticed yet this update was actually the biggest improvement, they’ve worked really long and hard for this.

Yes…agreed to certain extent…but thats only if it comes with stability…for users with game breaking issues to be able to enjoy the improvement. Most just dont see that it is no improvement, in fact negative improvement if users cant play the sim! Got it?

Bigger updates bring more issues. This was a huge update, practically a second launch of the game. Patience. If hotfix won’t fix most of the issues then i understand people being mad and i’d be mad too. Now just wait until the hotfix for few more hours and see.

Developers need to get informed about changes upfront and adapt their solutions until an update getting public.

This did not happen properly with SU5, therefore the complains. But still this is the way to do it, and not having workarounds to mitigate the gaps.