MS Store - Update not seen by my PC

Frustrated of the UK!

Having owned MSFS since day one and having installed all of the updates available with absoloutely no problems my sim/PC just does not see that an update is available.

I have tried all of the “tricks” put forward on this forum and others to no avail.

I have tried restarting the PC and updating/logging out & in through MS store, Xbox live and with the sim itself…update not seen.
When the sim starts I get to the “checking for updates” screen it shows for a while and then continues loading to the main page. In the “checking for updates” screen I have the cicular icon which is not moving so it makes me wonder if it is actually “checking for updates” or not as I, of course, can’t remember whether it is normally spinning during startup.

I’ve emptied the community folder, disabled the caches, renamed the UseCfg file, etc, etc.

So very frustrating as this was the one update I was really looking forward to.

Am I looking at my first ever re-install?

Cheers

1 Like

I am Steam so not necessarily most helpful, but I read some people saying to go into the MS store app, look for FS2020 and something about clicking the “play” button?

Not sure I can help but I assume you know it is a 3 step process:

1. update from the MS store
  2. download into the Sim
  3. get from the Marketplace in the Sim
    Cheers.

Thanks for replies.

Yep tried “play” from MS store…no change…

…and no update shown in MS store to update from?
I hit the “Downloads and Updates” tag and as far as the store is concerned I’m “Good to go”?

1. Open the “Microsoft Store” app on your PC
  2. Go to “Downloads and Updates”
  3. Click “Get Updates”
  4. An update for Flight Simulator should be available and installed
  5. Open Flight Simulator
  6. A 23 GB update should be found and installed
  7. Go to “Marketplace”
  8. Select “UK Update”
  9. Click “Buy & Download”
  10. A 5GB update should be installed

Done

Sorry just missed last post but tried Get Updates and nothing showing for MSFS even though it’s shown as installed in the store?

Hmm, are you logged in to the store with the same account as you play the game?

Hi…just checked and I’m using the same MS account for the sim as store…never had this problem with previous updates.

Just checked through the contents folder in the sim and all the Asobo files say “Newer game version required to update”…except the Core Content which says “Up to date”…which it is’nt as the sim is still version 1.12.13.
Could that be the problem?

Cheers

Have you tried going into the App Store and on the left hand side their is an option called
All owned
Try clicking on that and you should see Microsoft flight simulator there

Yep been there and done it!
The only option available is “Launch” which I have done with no update shown during sim launch.
I feel it has something to do with the Core Content thinking it is up to date?

Have you got deluxe version ?
If so you should see two versions , click the standard one not deluxe

Hi ItalicRaindrop6

I have had the same experience, the first 1.0 GB download came straight in minutes. Then nothing, checked Xbox app etc but only showed that 1.0 GB file completed. Went on the game and POI’s were the only items shown in London no buildings.
Switched it all off and restarted pc about an hour later, and the 23.00GB download appeared.

I have 75mbps download speed the update is only coming in around @ 20 Mbits/s
Think it is time for a Dedicated Server with the downloads being so large.
An Interface in the game to check connections or speeds etc would be good (for a game that is heavily reliant on the internet it is sadly lacking)
The only thing players see in the game relating to the internet is " YOU HAVE BEEN DIS-CONNECTED"

P.S. Have been disconnected once during this download ( 9.9GB to go) and on re-connection the speed has gone up to 30Mbs/s which is good.

Thanks.
I have the premium Deluxe and have tried selecting all the versions in the Store and XBox with no joy.
The update just doesn’t appear.
What’s frustrating is that I’ve had no problems installing all the previous updates since day one or actually running the game in both 2d or VR.
So I’m relustant to re-install as my setup seemed to work quite well.
But I think I’m going to have to uninstall and re-install at the end of the day to get the update and World update III…which is showing in my marketplace but won’t install as I don’t have 1.13.16!!!

I had the same issue yesterday. This is how I fixed it. When rebooting the computer, I noticed that there was a MS WINDOWS update waiting to be installed. I decided to go ahead and install the WINDOWS update, and do a single reboot to cover that at the same time.

The WINDOWS update did the trick. When starting MSFS afterwards, it recognized the update for MSFS right away and installed perfectly.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Can’t locate the update in microsoft store. I have downloaded the general computer microsoft updates like someone else mentioned but this hasn’t helped either.

Hi again

I have managed to get the update and get World update III installed….yeha!

I did a general google and found this reply to a question on a Microsoft forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-mandatory-update/5521c529-48ab-432f-acdd-cd730e417de6

You’ll probably understand more what is going on in reply than me?

I followed Greg Carmack’s steps, some of which I had already tried, until I tried steps 3.

After step 3 I thought I had screwed my sim as it wouldn’t open and said I needed to re-install.

It also said that in the MS Store.

So having un-installed all my addons anyway I bit the bullet and hit re-install in the store.

I directed the re-install to the same drive where MSFS was already installed and it will still require the 128GB to be free before it will start the process. However just over 1GB was downloaded and installed and the store showed the sim now as being installed (this wasn’t the 1.13.16.0 update but something else?).

The sim started as normal and when it reached the “Checking for updates“ page the new 1.13.16.0 update was recognised and I managed to install it through the Store app.

So 1.13.16.0 is now up and running with World III.

I guess the commands in step 3 have reset Windows Store so that it now saw the update although it was a bit alarming to see it initially say re-install so maybe only follow these steps if you are prepared for that eventuality.
In my case it didn’t get that far and the update installed without re-installation of the whole sim.

Good luck.

Cheers

1 Like

When I go to Google and find Microsoft Store, I get to this page

Where are the “…” ? I never had this issue before with previous updates.

Here is the other page that I get to if I click on OK at the update notice when loading the sim. I still see no download option anywhere.

1 Like

Posting for @Roadspider, after restarting his PC, the Store was able to launch MSFS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.