MSFS 2020 Boeing 787 - Unable to Stabilize altitude with AutoPilot

Hi,

I’m using MSFS 2020 to fly the Boeing 787 and i have a problem:

After the plane takes off i connect the autopilot and I follow the instructions of the control tower regarding altitude and when I reach a certain altitude I received from the tower the plane continues to climb at altitude and does not stop at the altitude I set for it.

Anyone have an idea what the cause of the problem is and how it can be solved ?

Thanks in Advance,
Moshe

A panel screenshot might help with troubleshooting.
Target altitude set on the MCP?

Ok this could be a bunch of things. I’m going to take a stab at this and say that you may need confirm the altitude after takeoff. Engage AP, VNAV, and LNAV as usual then push the altitude selector in to confirm again. I’ve never flown a Boeing in real life so I wouldn’t know if this is how it is actually supposed to be but I have experienced the same issue and was able to solve it by reconfirming the altitude by pushing in the selector again after takeoff. Hope that was it. If not I may have some other ideas.

Thanks, I will to try to check it and see if it will help

Sounds like either your A/T is not activated or you didn’t click the altitude knob when you set the altitude

Every time you change an altitude you need to confirm by pushing the centre of the altitude adjustment knob. It will not start the altitude change until you confirm, either with the button or the FLC button.