MSFS 2020 does little for me. I'm back to X-Plane for now

First of all, what do you want a Uber Sim? Drive on the streets of MSFS? take a walk with your friends on it?, and why create a post to tell the other people that you are moving to xplane, this is something that i really don´t undesrstand.

2 Likes

Amen. This OP is probably xplane.

2 Likes

Dont hope, expect that issues must be sorted out but may not be if enough people keep pretending its all ok and everything the marketing departments said would be in the sim has been delivered. Demand more than XP can deliver because that is a perfectly reasonable expectation in 2020, it should do more, it should look better, it should be more accurate in every way with its shiny new tech, not less.

4 Likes

With all your 8TB of Orthos you never are going to see in sim graphics like this game, even with all the horrible terrain glitches and bugs.
So what kind of empaty are you talking about, what do you want a farewell party for the guy.

5 Likes

Don’t really understand why you think you’re entitled to a refund for a game you’ve played over a week now.

Are you really that upset about your house color being incorrect?

These posts are getting old.

10 Likes

My house doesn’t even show up because we purchased it 2 years ago this November. Its a new community and all I see in the sim is land between golf courses and construction vehicles ready to build the properties. Yet im still really enjoying this sim

1 Like

To all involved in this conversation… I draw your attention to the Code of Conduct in the hope that each of you will decide to focus your remarks on MSFS and not on each other.

This post has been closed temporarily to give all of you some time to consider how you plan to pursue this discussion later. Should this post continue moving in the wrong direction when reopened, it will be closed permanently. The choice is yours.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 68 minutes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can’t stop laughing. Great reply.

1 Like

Why does almost everyone “quitting” MSFS seem to think that both simulators are mutually exclusive? You know you can have both and enjoy both for different reasons, right?

In fact if anything, competition is good because it pushes companies to do better. Ugh, complaining or spreading hate is such a pet-peeve of mine, I apologize I had to say it.

2 Likes

Flew the yellow cub in the snake river and it was incredible

1 Like

While I have to respect the opinion of the OP, I have to disagree with some of the arguements he/she states.

Going back to a sim that is, in it’s “default state” inferior to Microsoft Flight Simulator is your choice. You argue that your neighborhood is poorly represented in the sim, but is it represented any better in other sims? No add-ons, just the sim in it’s vanilla state. The handcrafted airports you complain about are far better than ANY other airport found in other sims. Remember, I am referring to default assets.

We are just a week past launch. How long has FSX, P3D and X-Plane been around??? These sims have been around for some time now so obviously they would have much better libraries of add-on content to choose from. Aerosoft, PMDG, and others have expressed interest and excitement for this new platform. And other announcements will be made by other 3rd party developers in the coming weeks and months. A little patience goes a long way.

You mentioned flying in low visibility. Again, name a sim with a better weather representation than the default weather engine of MFS.

I wish you luck in getting your refund.

11 Likes

I care for his opinion as I am not blindly accepting a half finished simulator.

2 Likes

It seems like people forgot about how bad XPlane 11, FSX and P3d were when they first launched :wink:

4 Likes

I’m curious as to how amazingly detailed the virtual houses looks in XPlane 11. MSFS2020 is suppose to be a FLIGHT simulator, not a virtual home touring app. It’s also not a button mashing sim for the purists that insist that planes need to have every button working in the cockpit. Microsoft provides the functions needed to take off, fly to your destination and land, without that extra page, knob turn or button push for realism sake. Microsoft literally gave you the world and all you can do is complain about the color being off FFS.

1 Like

They are both wonderful, I’ll use both. I have better traffic, better ATC in XP11 but thats from 3rd party add ons. Nav data upgrades are akso 3rdparty and paid for. I also have VR and I am disappointed that wasn’t in MSFS at launch as its a huge step in immersion for me. I’m doing about 50/50 between the two at the moment.

But really, MSFS for what is included in the box, is incredible and will only get better. Better ATC than native XP, real traffic (ish) that interacts with ATC. IFR with SIDS and STARS (if you want to use them) and which is updated at no cost. the G1000 is a bit buggy but that will get fixed, and its incredibly richly featured in a way that only 3rd party planes systems were before. The flight models are good I think, feel quite organic, I only fly GA though. Not much difference from XP. Controls are over-sensitive but easy to adjust.

The graphics are the icing on the cake, and the whole sim is cheaper than Orbx UK for XP!

I’ve no reason to abandon XP yet, maybe at some point, or maybe there will be a reason to continue using it, we’ll see. Its all good, chill out.

I just mostly find it odd that flight simming can make people so angry, I find it a really relaxing hobby!

5 Likes

which is a series of reddish-brown townhouses, don’t even have the right colours, never mind the actual house architecture style

“My house is not the right colour, totally unplayable”

8 Likes

Xplane top kek

I wonder if i ask for a refund, would they give me my One pound back.!