MSFS 2020 is perfect for my new Motion Cockpit 💺

Has potential but the software needs work. When in a coordinated turn, you don’t feel a bank as demonstrated in the video.

1 Like

It’s ready for transducers but I have not installed yet. The software that moves the platform (Simtools) works with vibrations or wind turbines etc… Also fully configurable.

Hi! I think it’s for the camera angle. If I set the camera just behind the Seat you can see that the moves and the angles are very accurate. But I think that it is more interesting to see the seat and the joke movements in the cockpit. In a new video I Will install a new camera in the back so you can see the angles better.

Cool setup but I think a motion simulator can’t duplicate G forces unless the cabin or seat can move in the Z direction (up and down) as well. I remember the full motion simulators in the malls many years ago and there were G forces because the cabin could move in all 3 axis at the same time. Very immersive and scary too (roller coasters that flew through the air on alien worlds and such). But obviously they were in the $50K range lol. Have fun!

1 Like

This combined with VR would be nuts!

3 Likes

It would be better if the Mouse Tray / Drink Tray was Gyro stabilized … I can see a lot of spilt beer occurring when flying !!

4 Likes

It’s done for VR, but I put a VESA adapter to install a monitor, as sometimes I use the computer to edit videos. Anyway, in a future I Will try a headset.

2 Likes

I was thinking the level of immersion would be next level in VR. You have me strongly considering this…lol. Maybe once I’m done with my PPL :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m always thinking in a VR headset. Will be amazing for sure!

2 Likes

This platform also simulate heave (up & down). Sure a 3 axis is better but as you say, 3 motors system increases the price a lot, and this one is made for home use. As far as I know, the sensations are very accurate. And when in take off or landing phase it’s absolutely awesome. It also moves with turbulences or runway imperfections… In a new video I Will show how It does in stormy conditions, it’s really crazy how It moves. :wink:

2 Likes

I have installed the roller coaster simulator for the childs to reach an agreement :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Exact! Mine cost 3,500€. But if you want to make the A320 cockpit, with the joystick in the left hand and the throttle in the right, it’s cheaper. About 3,000 €.

Where is it possible to check the website and other config? Ship everywhere?

1 Like

Hi. Their web is www.njmotion.com
Please, ask them for your customized cockpit, they can give you a budget.
I know that they are actually sending products to Asia or USA, but I don’t know how much It is.
I can solve you some question about config or setup, as you can see in my video, but I’m not directly relationed with the builder. As far as my experience goes, I have the motion platform and it’s powerful and totally customizable. I’m very happy.

1 Like

The black ball in the Turn Indicator shows your lateral g.

In a coordinated turn, the black ball will stay inside the lines.

You will however, experience an increase in g force pushing you into your seat.

This is where a chainmail suit and a large electromagnet is useful.
One below for banking and inside loops, and one above for outside loops :grin:

1 Like

Hi, i’m not an expert. But in my opinion the motion platform does quite accurate. Perhaps the camera angle doesn’t show correctly how It turns, but trust me it’s close to reality. But this is my first platform so I’m still learning. In the Next videos I Will try to put a camera just behind the seat so you
will see the turning angles better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.