MSFS 2020: The Ever-Degrading Flight Sim

Game is getting better and better. Only a handful of people having problems (less than 10%). Lot of them have problems at their end (poor internet, old pc, mods, outdated drivers, playing on laptops).

So what is the problem? Saying “it’s terrible” is not describing the problem.
Rolling cache should be turned off.

Looks great:

I wonder if people who post on these type of Forums also post and read other games Forums as well. They must do, surely they don’t just post on here, they must play other games as well.

Every game Forum I have ever been involved in is filled with these negative posts. “The game is dead” “The game is unplayable” “Patch killed game” " I am leaving goodbye" . All these type of titles appear on Football Manager’s Forum, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and thousands more.

If the game is so bad and you aren’t enjoying it just don’t play it, I don’t like Ballet, but I don’t go see them and complain the whole way through. I don’t go on Ballet forums complaining about them.

If you have a genuine issue , something not working for example and we all know there are issues , then post as much info as you can. What is the issue, what is your set up, what settings are you using, what mods etc. Maybe people can help you, it may not be a bug it maybe something that someone here as experienced and can help with.

For the record I am loving the game, issues aside, there isn’t a game out there that is bug free. Not one, I keep reading people saying things like “I’m going back to x-plane” for example, yet I bet that games forums are filled with people saying “This game is unplayable” “The update killed the game” etc etc

Rant over, it’s an amazing game and will only get better. I’m off to play it now…

11 Likes

Well said…

1 Like

I can’t follow this thread. The unbridled negativity and bashing of the sim has been unbelievable by the same few people across all forums. I have premium deluxe, a 5g wifi, a high-end pc and run on ultra 95% of the time. It’s been fabulous for me since launch. I’ve had one CTD and that was the VFR map issue a while back. I’m finding that people are incredibly sensitive to a glitch. I have yet to find a group that isn’t packed with whiners. Somehow we need to get these people off the forums. Reading these forums is like watching the Real Housewives tv serious. Everybody ■■■■■■■■ and moaning, and then taking no responsibility for their own ignorance!

2 Likes

Why? It helps if you fly through the same area frequently.
In the last Microsoft / Asobo Q&A, Sebastian, Asobo’s CEO, commented that it is advisable to have it activated. He himself has it activated with 32GB of allocated space.
Personally, I have done tests activated / deactivated and have not noticed any degradation by having it activated. Currently I have it on a secondary SSD disk, different from the unit where the simulator is installed.

The sim is beautiful but it’s going to take awhile to mature

2 Likes

Well, we all have subjective experiences with visual acuity. I have extreme visual acuity, and all the bizarrely shaped polygonal objects masquerading as buildings in your screen shot look horrid to me. You have to accept that your opinion on quality is different to others. What saddens me the most about FS2020 is that you can’t get a great far level of detail, and near level of detail may still be odd if the cache doesn’t have it or your data stream is insufficient or the Azure Servers can’t keep up. I would much rather be able to buy a large area and have it tack sharp personally, instead of rolling the dice every time.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :100:

I’ve noticed that almost all threads complaining about “downgrading” never show side by side pictures with actual evidence of the sim being downgraded… Wonder why

1 Like

I can declare no issues because I’m having no issues, pretty simple to understand if you put your mind to it :+1:

1 Like

This sim is fantastic. I’m approaching 200 hours, 80% of them in the TBM. I fly ultra graphic settings and full realism. Live weather is working great. Framerates are fantastic. This sim continues to amaze. I’m 60 years young and spent 31 years in aviation as an air traffic controller. I’ve also been simming for 30 years as a hobby. MSFS is a groundbreaking technology and quite impressive. Just think where this sim will be in a year! Holy Wow.

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s good to step back a bit and keep everything in perspective…
The few hundred here complaining about the sim isn’t all that much when considering the million plus copies of the game sold. Yes I know the vast majority never complains for whatever reason. But even if 2% of the people are unhappy, that means 98% of the customers make due with what the sim can provide at this time and are happy. Let’s focus on the positive.
Somebody asked if the people that complain are complaining on other forums as well. My thought on that is that the same people complaining here about the lack of trains, could be on the train sim complaining about the lack of planes. All very amusing really.
Bottom line is, when sorting thru most of the nonsense here , every so often you come across some really helpful and meaningful post. And I am thankful for that.
Enjoy your day All and happy flying.

1 Like

You certainly don’t speak for me. I have plenty of issues, and reported a multitude to zen desk. But over time, I have become indifferent. I hope that this game eventually becomes the simulator I hoped for.

3 Likes

Exactly!!! I don’t understand why they get offended when people are bringing up legitimate issues. Things won’t get fix if people don’t complain and bring it up.

3 Likes

I’m not having any major issues. Yeah the occasional ILS approach missing and some ATC terms are a bit… off… but nothing breaking whatsoever. Frame rates 30+ with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and GTX 1660 Super running at 1080p, it’s an amazing sim and it works quite well on my end.

Because it takes ssd space which is expensive.

You’re lying to yourself… I’m running the sim on an i7 10700k, 32gb of ram and an rtx3080 card and it runs like trash at 1440p while everything else I play on gets demolished FPS wise by my hardware. You’re part of the problem lying about how great things are when that’s not true.

4 Likes

For me, MSFS 2020 is simply perfect. 100% perfect.
I don’t use any airplanes, just the scenery and views and gutless 747-400 drone aircraft.
PSX, Wide PSX and MSFS 2020, the perfect desktop 747-400 simulation. As perfect as desktop simulation can be!

1 Like

Folks this topic is covering the same ground as many others in this forum which highlight different issues with the sim. It seems unlikely to go any where that o other topics have not.

It clearly duplicates many points already made so I am going to close it.

Many thanks for your understanding

2 Likes