MSFS 2024 Community folder?

Just wondering if the community folder will come across form MSFS 2020 to the new MSFS 2024 as Microsoft all the market place purchases will follow in 2024 but not the community folder if not why not ???

Hello @UniformGoose351,
Your topic has been moved into MSFS 2024
The subcategory you posted in is for guides on how to use the forum and requires approval by the moderation team.

Ok thank you i thought i put it out there :grin:

1 Like

Nothing has been 100% confirmed.

But the announcement that most addons will remain compatible implies the need for a folder of some sort for addons, no matter what they ultimately decide to call it.

Thanks i hope they do because i have the fenix A320,gsx,fstraffic and so on

1 Like

it woul be nice, if 2020 and 2024 could share the same community folder. So we could save some space on our HDDs

1 Like

While it would be great to have that, I’m more for keeping 2020 and 2024 completely separate programs to avoid any potential cross-bugs (new word?). Hope I make sense.

2 Likes

Its still early days yet but a few of us notice this in the new UI, also a Lvl counter and is that virtual cash or something else. on the far left theres a community toggle under enable/disable so maybe

1 Like

You level up in 2020 so you likely level up in 2024 too. And with careers? Folks don’t typically work for free so there may be money involved. I think those are player stats that show even in Marketplace.

3 Likes

I also noticed Streamed and Installed. So it looks like the user has a choice, that’s good news for us low end FTTC and ADSL folks at least. :sweat_smile:

@BragRaindrop933 one for you mate. :+1:

1 Like

There will be later addons that will be 2024 only. I can’t see them using the same folder, as the 2024 addons would likely cause problems in 2020.