MSFS AddonsLinker

Hi,
I am new to AddonsLinker, awesome utility. Have installed other scenery add on and everything is working fine, however, recently downloaded the fspackages-cj4-v0.10.3 mod and tried to linked it to the Community folder but it is not recognize at all.
Created a new Aircraft folder and did not work either.

Added to the Community Folder without linking it but still no joy.
Does anybody knows how to install this mod into MSFS when using the Addon Linker utility?
Thanks in advance,

Mario

I notice that their GItHub site states “not compatible with non-default livery” — so if you are using a non-default livery, that might be your issue.
You should download the latest version, 0.10.4

To install it, all you have to do is open the zip file, then right click the folder in that zip file and “copy”
Then go to the community folder and right click and “paste”
If you have already done this, it should be working.
(Just check to make sure it’s not the zip file inside the community folder)

It might be not working because of the hotfix update that fixed the flaps issue.
Version 0.10.3 had a workaround for the flaps problem, and after MSFS/Asobo fixed it, there may have been a conflict with 0.10.3
Updating will most likely fix it for you.

Downloaded version 0.10.4 and pasted into the Community folder and it seems to work fine. Don’t know if you are familiar with Addons Linker for MSFS 2020?

When i refresh the Addons Linker Community folder the fspackages-cj4-v0.10.4 file title states that it could not read the manifest.json file. It seems that the Linker does not recognize the mod but it loads and flies fine now.

On another topic, since the last update when i fly over NYC, all the buildings are unrecognizable, they all look like tall rectangles. There is always something different after an update. The buildings don’t look realistic like they used to before the update. Have to do more research on this?
Appreciate your help,

Mario

1 Like

Your NYC problem sounds like your game wasn’t streaming photogrammetry data from the internet and instead trying to populate NYC with auto-gen buildings. Check and make sure that your internet connection is strong and that you haven’t disabled streaming in your game settings. This isn’t a known issue with the current version of the game as far as I know, but happens to people when either the Asobo/MS servers are struggling or a player’s internet is poor.

As for Add-On linker, consider joining the Working Title Discord Server to ask those kinds of questions. The mod authors are right there and might answer you in real-time.

If your rolling cache is on, the sim will use cached scenery files, rather than stream them.
If it is on, empty it and then try the area again.

You are correct, went into > Options > General > Data and Bing Data World Graphics was turn off, Turn it On and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your reply,
Mario

My rolling cache is on but went into > Options > General and turn on Data and Bing World Graphics and everything is working fine now.
Thanks for your reply,
Mario

1 Like

Good idea.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.