MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

You pays your money you takes your choice. I am quite sweet with the 4fps less I get now in exchange for smoooooth even with high LODs.

1 Like

Been crashing with this error twice today flying into Dublin

I will turn off live traffic=negative

Little Nav Map caused mine-had it running in background.

After weeks trying, I could end and land my test flight of 10:30h with the BAE 146, all the described in last posts plus instead of high performance energy plan, I set the Ultimate Performance plan hidden in Windows and not touching nothing in it, maybe reboot to be sure it is enabled.

I’ve been so frustrated with this error and many other CTD. so recently I tried to simplify all the settings. I use HP reverb VR, so in Vr setting I set it to high and 100% for all, turn off live stuff dull down data of other aircraft vehicle staff on the ground and turn off things like bloom. just had the basics activated and at high or 100% then with the openxr toolkit where I play to find the sweet spot that doesn’t get the overload error we all see. you could say but I don’t want to dull down my PC why should I not be able to get the full potential of my kick-■■■ unit. well you can drive your car on the highway in first gear at 100km/h and something is going to break. so think of it as using gears you need to find the cruising gear that allows your PC to run without breaking. I tried all the tips and tricks and yes there are bugs in the software but at least now I can fly and I assume with more power there is going to be a higher-level setting that reflects better quality imaging.
Asus Z590 MB
15 11600k
GTX 1080TI
32Gb ram
Samsung SSD

Folks, if you are on the open beta and still encounter this bug, please report it to the open beta forums.

There’s a worryingly familiar screenshot at DX12/DX11-- Several CTDs on Several Planes While Spawning (Solved: 3rd Party Mods Causing CTD) - Sim Update 10 BETA / CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums and unfortunately the thread has been closed.

I suspect the lack of a mention of this issue in the beta release notes would suggest that it has not been fixed and the above screenshot would appear to confirm that.

Sad to see that it is still not fixed , I am unable to play msfs for the last few days because of this issue every time I try to do a flight get this error out of no where randomly its so irritating :frowning: , don’t know what to do … Asobo please fix this … :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm…there is a mention in the release notes:

“Ongoing performance optimization work including fixes for several memory leaks”

Whatever this may be but yes, I think they still didn’t fix it.

I’m not overly sure that the CTD in the current version are caused by what might be normally termed as a “memory leak”, as for me at least, i see no increase in the RAM usage leading up to the CTD.

However, it does look like the sort of error that might be caused by a process trying to access memory that it doesn’t have allocated for its use. Maybe an out of bounds issue or scope not being handled correctly?

Hopefully someone will find the cause and fix it, as what has become very regular CTD, particularly after a fair bit of flying time, are far from fun.

1 Like

Last night I was watching ObsidianAnt’s video. Our issue has all but disappeared from the snapshot, like it doesn’t exist. It would be nice to see something more concrete.

2 Likes

…yet the vote count appears to have been reduced by over 50 votes, so i guess we’re probably going to be stuck with it.

I feel a period of DCS flying coming on. :frowning:

Either that or I’ll just join the beta and create a thread in the beta forum, when the inevitable happens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it please…I’m with you. If you read through this thread, you should know I have no problems to be vocal.
I have a strong feeling that the dev’s still try to hide this mess under the carpet.

4 Likes

It’s certainly starting to look like they might not be overly moved towards fixing it. :frowning:

1 Like

I was gone for a month and after changing the Mainboard, PSU, Graphics Card and a fresh Windows 11 install on a new M.2 SSD I was sure to not encounter this problem again. But oh surprise, it returned and in my case it’s MSFS causing the graphics card drivers to crash which causes the memory error. And since I’ve used Nvidia before and now AMD, it doesn’t seem to matter which card it is.

BUT, yesterday I downloaded the SU10 Beta and so far the problem didn’t appear in two flights. Hopefully it is fixed, but I’m not fully convinced yet, maybe it was just luck. Time will tell.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone but my CTDs were specifically tied to my GPU memoryclock speed, which was easy to cure by undoing my custom overclock. Where that quite puts people with factory OC’d cards I don’t know having never owned one but I imagine they all have an option somewhere.
Now I’m in the beta I am going to retest my usually super stable OC. I will let you all know.

1 Like

Your post is giving me new hope, i am not flying since one month, can you please keep us up to date on your flights? If you are not encountering the problem after 5 or 6 flights i will try the beta too. One question are you flying on ivao or vatsim perchance? Thanks

did you guys find a fix
it’s really annoying

2 Likes

Just to let you all know my not too ambitious gpu overclock seems to be ok again

Edit: Although the blue artifacts with HAGS on are back when I play in 4k … Now turned off

Are you using the SU10 beta?
I’m having the same issue but my 5700 XT isn’t overclocked, I’ve still had the crash on a base turn.

I have been doing a full computer restart after every flight. Has it put a stop to the error? NO! I have noticed it does it less though. Just grasping at straws now.

1 Like