I have decided to create a new forum post to save any confusion!
Please download the mod from either:
Continued work on this project is with a large thanks to our donators! Without this kind gesture finding time is slightly more difficult, but every donation means extra time I can set aside to update/upgrade and improve this mod!
I accept the following CryptoCoins or via the button at the bottom of this post!
(Preferred) FIRO: aPyzCY1n33eSgdBaBPPcJhBBkaXeasj7r7
- Panel Lighting completely reworked!
- A MASSIVE thanks to @WeptBurrito2749 from the Forums for work on this!
- A video will be released tomorrow about this!
- Use the Speaker Phone switch to turn them on!
- This is a work in progress still, some aspects need tweaking!
- Disabled Autopilot completely
- This is due to it causing so many bug reports!
- Readded Blue Metal Livery!
- As requested by our users!
- Flight Model updates, special shout out to @RetiredMan93231 for the help here!
- Checked compatibility with latest MSFS
- Updated Cockpit Files to match latest Asobo with Modifications
- Cockpit textures updated
- Fuel Gauges calibrated and textures updated!
Only a small update this time, just to provide the fixes needed for V1.14.5!
- Fixed NAVCOM Radio Stacks
- Fixed some coding changes to internal systems
- Corrected HourMeter & ADF Systems
Again, sorry to be annoying! I have actually restructure the mod please delete the MSFS_C152 folder & copy the jplogistics-c152 folder instead!
I’ve released this update a little prematurely, I had actually wanted to fix a few more issues first, but this is a Hotfix that needed to be public ASAP!
- Revert the “Flap/Lift Hotfix” after MSFS Update
- Fuel Gauge now reads correctly!
- Pilot/Copilot models are now based on weight & can be controlled by an interior button!
- Here is a short video showing the buttons and how it works! YouTube
- Renamed the folder, to help users who had old files knocking about causing issues!
IMPORTANT: Due to a file structure change, please DELETE the original “MSFS_C152” folder and then copy the new version in, do NOT overwrite the old version!
- Updated to be compatible with the new “World Update 3” MSFS release!
- Temp. fix applied to the flap settings that Asobo kindly introduced (Thanks RetiredMan for this!)
- Radio Stock/Avionics issue partial fix applied (Subject to change due to rewriting much of the animation codes)
- Flight Model Changes
- Copilot is now livery based
- Choose a livery with “w/CP” on the end
- To convert a existing Livery, open the relevant “aircraft.cfg” and add “copilot” into the "model = " section!
- Liveries removed, a separate pack will be available in the future!
I hope you enjoy!
- DME Reader - Yes, you read that correctly!
- To enable this feature you need to click the “DME” button in on the Audio Panel!
- It will switch between the NAV Freq. & DME Distance (in NM) every 5 seconds
- This is a temporary measure until we can install a proper DME system!
- Flight Model Changes
- Copilot is now livery based
- Choose a livery with “w/CP” on the end
- To convert a existing Livery, open the relevent “aircraft.cfg” and add “copilot” into the "model = " section!
I hope you enjoy!
Firstly I would like to thank each and every one of you for patiently waiting for this release!
Over the last couple of weeks the weather here in the UK has been, interesting, which has caused a lot of extra time required focusing on my full-time job, throw Christmas/New Year into the mix and well, all I can do is apologise!
But here we have it!
Flight Model changes
This should now more closely reflect the real world aircraft!
More work is still being done to completely fine-tune the flight model!
If you have any feedback please join our Discord Channel!
Corrected Gauge Calibration after recent updates
Utilising the new RPM Gauge, this was released in V0.9.3b but I forgot to mention it!
Aircraft Geometry updated!
Hopefully, a fix for Saitek Panel users, causing a weird sound bug when starting the engine!
An important notice please read!
Due to the recent 188.8.131.52 release of MSFS and the amount of changes Asobo made to the default C152 (Which this mod builds upon) that caused serious issues within our addon, we have taken the decision to temporarily remove the Flight Model changes from this build.
This was a difficult decision, however, in the interest of making a “quick hotfix” to get the rest of the addon working as it should, it was necessary!
It isn’t all bad news! - This does mean that we get a chance to completely rethink our approach, after learning so much from the past versions, meaning we will be able to deliver a more realistic, higher quality & stable flight model in our next release!
I hope you understand and I really appreciate your patience! I want to provide you with the spectacular addon and wan’t happy to release a flight model that had a number of big issues!
Myself and the Beta Testing team are working hard to get the next update ready! I will hopefully have an update for you around New Years Day!
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I will update you soon!
-Flight Model changes
- Aircraft tyre contact corrected! Inflated tyres!
- AI Livery removed (Useable livery is still in the mod!)
- Spanish translations corrected! Thanks ‘danderio’
- Wording changes in Weight & Balance Screens
- Fixed an issue where autopilot took control of aircraft
- Adjusted Engine Parameters
- Smoother taxi speeds/control
- Realistic power levels
- Adjusted Propeller parameters
- Corrected flap lift & drag parameters
- Corrected aggressive aerodynamic changes on takeoff
- Reverted Fuel Tanks to “Standard” editions
- This was a collaborative decision to save on weight & to reflect what most real world C152’s have!
- Corrected the position of “Baggage Areas”
- Corrected Centre of Gravity
- Adjusted Trim Wheel speed!
- Also fixed broken Animation!
- Adjusted Default Pilot Camera Position
- NEW LIVERY!
It’s been decided by our amazing supporters that the previous flight model was actually better than the one we tried out!
So, here we go!
- Revert Flight Model to previous version
- Confirmed compatibility with latest MSFS update
Nothing else has been changed in this version, however we do have some things up our sleeve!
Standby for more news!
- New Flight Model
- Let us know your opinions about this one!
- Edited some internal files to improve “Quality of Life”
- Removed “Checklists”
- This is so you can use 3rd Party Checklist addons until our custom ones are complete!
- Translations may be incorrect for some Tooltips, this is mainly because I only speak English!
- If you are able to assist in the translations, please feel free to help us!
Credit to “Uwajimaya” for this - It is absolutely incredible!
Check out the lighting when it’s raining/foggy!
Avionics Switch fix
Logbook should now work normally again. If possible make sure flight starts from a parked area!
The Master Battery switch now properly controls the Avionics!
- Prevents the “Ghost Avionics Switch” taking control, as they do not exist IRL but do within MSFS Systems!
VOR Heading Select Knob now reads "Select VOR Radial ([selected degrees]°)!
VOR Needle Animation smoothed!
SAITEK SWITCH PANEL USERS
As a work-around, for now due to a bug, please leave the Saitek Switch Panel - Avionics Master Switch in the ON position!
- Balanced the default W&B values to prevent strong left turn in level flight due to weight
- Increased speed of dome light knob
- Fixed an issue when using Saitek Switch Panel
- Unable to start using panel key
- Corrected NAV1/NAV2 behaviour
- Nav Ball 1/2 will disconnect when corresponding radio stack is turned off
- Nav Identify Audio will no longer be played if corresponding radio stack is turned off
- Corrected COM1/COM2 behaviour
- Radio now shuts down correctly (Not just turn off the screen) when the volume knob is switched to OFF
- Works with vPilot correctly (Turning COM1 off will now terminate any Tx/Rx over vPilot)
- Added 2 x Cargo areas
- Forward (Max 120lb)
- Rear (Max 40lb)
- Note: Combined payload weight should not exceed 120lb!
- Corrected alternator charge - Battery now recharges correctly!
- Also corrected Max Output to fit real world!
- Radio Stack “initial” values changed for Buttons & Freq.
- Initial work for upcoming changes (TBA)
Glide performance: you can now correctly do ~16 nm from 10000 feet with a windmilling prop (was 12 nm)
Climb performance is an exact fit to the chart. From ~700 fpm @ SL down to 200 fpm @ 12.000 feet. It may feel a little underwhelming though. This is due to a wrong mixture model. At SL 100% mixture doesnt get you max power.
Cruise performance within 1% fit at all given POH altitudes. Also tested across several power/rpm settings.
Engine slightly more efficient at lower rpm (a bit less power needed during approach). I only got this from video reference though.
Corrected idle RPM
Some of the current improvements (not exhaustive):
Modified stall speeds flap up/flap down in accordance with published information. Aircraft will now stall at a significantly higher speed.
Numerous changes to engine performance, now in accordance with Lycoming O-235L2C (115HP, 2700RPM).
Fuel consumption adjusted.
Long Range Fuel Tanks 37.5USG total useable.
Fuel Gauges correctly calibrated.
Fuel Gauge indications will vary realistically in out of balance flight (depending on quantity of fuel in tank) and also on the ground when the aircraft is not wings level.
Flight tested to verify climb, cruise, service ceiling, fuel consumption etc in accordance with published information.
Oil Temperature Gauge - gauge calibration and oil temperature modelling adjusted.
Oil Pressure Gauge - gauge calibration and oil pressure modelling adjusted.
Electrical system - completely remodelled, using documented electrical loads etc.
Now models realistic battery discharge/charge and subsequent electrical system behaviour.
If battery goes flat, various systems will fail at various voltage levels as the battery discharges.
Ammeter - gauge calibration and behaviour.
Low voltage light now comes on below ~ 1000 RPM as in real life.
OAT thermometer now operates regardless of the position of the master switch.
The overhead (Dome) light can now be dimmed by the dimmer knob below the pilot control yoke.
The NAV CDI gauges completely revised:
CDI gauges now respond correctly to: User selected On/Off state of corresponding NAV/COM Radio.
CDI gauges now respond correctly to: Power state of corresponding NAV/COM Radio.
CDI gauges now power off when Avionics Power (Battery Master Switch) switched off.
CDI gauges now power off when the applicable NAV/COM Radio is turned off using the Volume/Off knob.
CDI gauges now power off if the battery discharges and the voltage level supplied to the applicable NAV/COM radio drops below the minimum required for operation.
CDI gauges, Glideslope/Localiser Needle behaviour adjusted.
CDI gauges, Glideslope/Localiser Flag behaviour adjusted.
CDI gauges, NAV Flag behaviour adjusted.
ADF Radio completely revised Knob behaviour. ADF Modes: BFO/REC/ADF and spring return TEST position.
ADF Rotatable Card gauge behaviour completely revised:
ADF Needle is driven to point to the selected NDB station only in ADF Mode. (Note that currently the ADF Mode Knob defaults to BFO Mode and must be manually rotated to ADF Mode.)
ADF Needle remains in current position in ADF Mode when no signal received from an NDB on the currently selected frequency.
ADF Needle remains in current position in BFO and REC Modes.
ADF Needle is slewed in a clockwise direction while ADF Mode Knob held in TEST position. When released, the ADF Mode Knob spring returns to ADF Mode.
ADF Needle remains in current position when ADF Radio is turned off using the Volume/Off knob.
ADF Needle remains in current position if battery discharges and voltage level to the radio drops below the minimum required for operation.
ADF Volume and ADF Mode Knob position state now loaded from .flt files. ADF Mode knob defaults to ‘ADF’ position.
NAVCOM (KX155) reworked. Various states including volume/Off state etc now loaded from .flt files.
NAV Ident / COM Test remain out when pulled.
Audio Selector (KA134) completely revised. Various states now loaded from .flt files.
Buttons now remain depressed when selected.
MIC1/MIC2 selects either COM1 or COM2 as active transmitter.
BOTH allows selection of reception on both COM1 and COM2.
NAV1, NAV2, ADF (AOE wtf?) etc select ident audio.
MKR selects Marker ident audio. Note: My testing so far indicates audio received (and light flashes) from Middle Marker, however Outer Marker light flashes but no audio heard. Not sure if this is a sim issue.
DME, SPKR buttons now operate but are currently non functional.