MSFS_C152 Community (V1.0.0!) - Updated: 09/10/2021

I’m currently reviewing the changes Asobo made to the control surfaces (noted in the MSFS changelogs) - they have changed how the rudder works, which may be causing a conflict,

We’ve never actually modified the control surfaces, which makes this interesting!
We are investigating!

1 Like

can you post a screenshot of your sensitivity settings?

from where do I access them? I mean, they are no different to when I used the 152 mod 0.8.3, even with this new update.

In “Controls” then select your yoke or joystick, then click on “Sensitivity” on the top-right.

on my end, before the patch, I have mine set at 50% on the pitch and roll axis and 70% on the rudder axis,

after the patch, this settings was carried over and made the control real twitchy because how the curve is implemented on the current patch, it doesnt start on the ends now, rather, the curves has quadrants now starts zero-center and there is now separate curves in the negative and positive quadrants

so to fix this, i set the curves 25% on postive roll and 25% on negative roll… same goes for pitch and rudder axis

1 Like

All my settings got reset in the games update, you need to check your own games sensitivity!
I will post mine later but basically mine are a diagonal line through all boxes, not deadzone

The new Joystick adjustment sliders.

Looks incorrect to me. I would have expected the ZERO Offset to have moved the zero, in the middle of the dead zone, no matter how wide the dead zone is.

I cannot see the purpose of having it work the way it is at the moment ??

I am looking at the ZERO wanting it to be a ZERO TRIM for the the joystick it is in its spring loaded Center position … maybe that’s the difference.

ie To compensate for the Joystick having an center position that is not exactly 50% of its range.

Confirmed. If leave Avionics Switch ON position, there is not that “turn on / turn off” sequence. Works fine!

I agree it’s ridiculous with the new update how they manage sensitivity!
Unfortunately I can not address that issue through the mod, it’s an Asobo decision sorry!

1 Like

Oh goodie! I will try to work out a fix!

REF: New Joystick Sensitivity, dead zone , Neutrall control

Excuse the Crude Graphics, but they show the point

Should not the NEUTRAL move the OUTPUT, not the INPUT as it is currently.

You set your DEAD Zone.
Then, if when you are in this dead zone, the OUTPUT has a error ( poor bot, mechanical spring not 100% centering input) Then its the OUTPUT you want to correct, keeping the Joystickj sprung center in the middle of the DEAD zone.

(Not moving it within the dead zone, as it is at the moment)

RED = as it currently is
GREEN = as I would have expected it to be

With the neutral, you should be trying to effective TRIM the output, but still remain in the center of the Input dead zone area,

AT LEAST, that’s by take on it. the Neutral is to compensate for a old/cheap joystick, whose center has “Drifted”. Its either a Neutral shift, or take it apart and mechanically move the pot so it is OUTPUTTING 50% when the joystick is centered,

Note the word: “OUTPUTTING” - that is what you trying to correct, because you have added the DEAD ZONE already to the controller.

Now you see why I made the Graphics … I am useless at explaining it in words !!!
Neutral moves Input
C_profile3

Neutral corrects Output
C_profile2

YES- ASOBO needs to fix this … its not a MOD function …

OT:
I hope they just implemented how X-plane edits the response curve, with different interpolation/smoothing options

I don’t know – either the whole world is going crazy and making stupid choices – or I am … and scary part is, logic says statistically, its me, not everyone else !!

I just do not understand why Asobo made those Sensitivity change the way they did.
I like the addition of the Neutral , but the way they implemented on the input BEFORE the sensitive curves, just makes no sense to me, especially when you are trying to remove the At rest error ON THE OUTPUT.

1 Like

Ahhh, that explains the weirdness in flying today (the rudder change). Granted, I was flying the C-152 in 37 knot direct crosswind according to the ATIS with Live weather on (The actual live weather at the time was 4 knots and 90 degrees different direction). But the rudder use did feel different. A little harder to get right now, but that could have been due to a number of factors (like a 37 direct crosswind)… I just assumed it was because I was being blown about like a feather.

I have not yet tried your additional addons, yet. I’m still on C152X-.17 (sort of, I had done the manifest fix on my own). Just haven’t had time to try it out. Plus, I was pretty happy with it as it was and I have no issue with the avionics. I like flying with it as is since it pretty much matches the actual planes I flew.

1 Like

It has made it interesting, we are currently working on the flight model update for the mod pack!
Let me know if you decide to try our mod, we hope you like it!
Plus, that volumetric lighting is pretty Rad. :wink:

1 Like

I am planning to. I just haven’t had time recently…

Going flying for real in the morning! :slight_smile:
I’m very excited… It’s been 20 years since I flew regularly. It’ll be in a '77 Warrior II though, not a C152II sadly.

:slight_smile:

I’ve got three real life C152II liveries out there, with another one coming soon if you want to use them (on Flightsim.to). I just converted the released ones to drag and drop over the weekend. They don’t have the model.cfg fix in them, yet, tho…

Personally I have them in the original C152 MegaLivery pack on my own machine, which does use the model.cfg fix, so they worked fine after the update. That way I can control their order more easily in the livery list in game.

volumetric lighting is a game changer at night – it’s like having a whole new sim !!

Thanks!
I’m going to see if there is interest for built-in ones!

That’s interesting, my custom ones don’t have the model.cfg (I found it caused more issues than it fixed)
But does use

[VARIATION]
base_container = “…\Asobo_C152”

So, maybe that’s what made mine continue working…?

Huh, same with mine… You might be right, good catch!

Fantastic !! THANK YOU !! Installed and did a quick night flight around Cape Town.
The lighting mod is just WOW !! Thank you ““Uwajimaya”” !!
I like the VOR Radial readout … :ok_hand:t2: :ok_hand:t2: perfect !! Was thinking about it the other day actually.
Looking forward to the planned avionics upgrade.
Have a great weekend !!