Msfs crashes when going to VR - worked fine until latest update

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes and ran in safe mode but still crashes

Brief description of the issue:

msfs works great until I command to VR - Hp Reverb G2
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

enter shortcut Ctrl / Tab
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows 10 Nvidia GTX 3080 Ti

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

ms - store Worked fine until the last mandatory update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have no idea what this means

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

store purchased - deluxe edition

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I found the problem. There was an OpenXR Toolkit that did not automatically update. I installed the latest and VR is now working fine. I am however now showing CPU Bound!!!

1 Like

I have the exact same issue, except I use the HTC Vive Pro 2 headset. I’ve have spent 2 days going through all recommended fixes except uninstall and clean reinstall. Crashes in safe mode take a while to happen, but immediate crash in normal.

I agree this just started this week. Last week my rig was working perfect. I’m wondering if it’s a steam issue?

My headset works flawlessly in DCS.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I had Oculus Quest 2 before. I bought new Reverb G2 but in the meantime the mandatory update came through and I haven’t been able to get G2 to work at all. It CTD on Ctrl+Tab.

I have removed OpenXR Toolkit based on the suggestion above but did not resolve my issue.

So, tonight, I tried one last possibility, and rolled back my vive software from recent beta to last stable and it resolved all my problems. I hope vive doesn’t rollevthis beta over to stable anytime soon, because it’s a sick puppy.

Still have issues with this… constant CTD. It crashes even in the menu before I even launch into a flight. Anyone found a solve for this?

Intel 12k, Suprim 4090, Reverb G2.

I have the same problem with HP Reverb. I have to connect the headset before starting the sim. If I connect it during the sim load - instant CTD. Also, I have to time entering and exiting VR carefully. If I enter VR after the flight has loaded - performance will be very poor (stutter-fest), but entering VR before the flight loads is fine and performance is great.

I am having the same problems with a HP Reverb after the AAU02 Update this week.

FS fails at the main menu level, instant CTD.

Everything was fine until the Thursday June 22 update.

I am using the Nvidia Driver Version 536.23 Released June 14th 2023

It was the OpenXR Toolkit Issue, VR is working now.

Old crash issue fixed in previous updates.