MSFS CTD before main menu

Tried to open msfs after non use for a couple months. Updated computer. FS opens to the 4 planes then ctd. Sometimes it gets through to World Map but when I click on map it ctd. Thinking of updating from Windows 10 to 11. Will I lose the msfs install. Computer is compatible for the 11 update.

1 Like

Hello @SoldSteam141679,
I have moved your post into a new topic. :+1:

1 Like

same issue - havent been able to launch msfs for a month now. I have removed the community folder, deleted the cache file and uninstalled any plugins. Still not able to launch the game any longer.

1 Like

Making headway. Installed x box app. Followed two articles showing how to uninstall and the reinstall msfs in Xbox - Google to get these articles. Uninstall was a gutsy move for me but this was done in a blink. Reinstall - in the search menu I typed in msfs and the sim did not show. As I deleted msfs backwards in search and got to m, the sim showed up. Continued on and notice showed. MS defender had been blocking some aspects of the sim. Provision was there to unblock msfs and once done, the prompts led to Install. It seems to be installing just fine but time will tell as it is a long install

1 Like

Install was successful and msfs loads properly.

1 Like