MSFS doesn't launch - opens MS store with Gaming Services instead

Have you tried the advice in this thread?

I can not launch, it always open MS Store. I made a lot of reading and nobody knows how to solve this problem. This is just incredible.

Same here.
Suddenly no more Gamin Services.
When i go to
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
It let me click install , the button get greyed out for some seconds and nothings happens.
After a few seconds button is green again.
No solution on internet worked. I reinstalled windows 11 and no luck.
Shame this game runs on such poor gaming infrastructureā€¦

Iā€™m sorry to see you went to all that trouble to reinstall Windows.
There actually is a support checklist in the ā€œSupportā€ tab at the top of all forum pages for just this issue.
Here is a link to that article:

I finally found the beginning of an answer.
I went to the Store logs (event) and say that the store was trying to updatye through a proxy (127.0.0.1:8888).
I went through all network parameters and there was no proxy setā€¦
In Firefox, the proxy was set so i removbed it and restarted.
No luck at that moment.
Then i started a program called charles and saw that he was acting as proxy.
I removed the windows proxy feature and it started working and store could update (slowly but it did).
Even if it was a mistake on my side (activating charles in the past) iā€™m still very confused why that program could interfer with the store and only this one and that all the other apps would work. Why is this thing just impacting store and why is the store not using the system proxy in network tab like any other program. Definately something poorly designed in the system according to me.

1 Like

Itā€™s good to hear you found the solution.
I would think your question might be better asked to the developer of ā€œCharlesā€.
Iā€™m sure when the developer built it, I suspect they had their reasons why their program does that, or perhaps they werenā€™t aware it would.
Iā€™m sure you are aware there are loads of programs that can prevent devices from communicating with each other.

In all fairness, it does seem to point to not knowing what ā€œCharlesā€ would do.

[

This worked for me!!!
Did not know a rt click on Start button gave optionsā€¦
Try this simple solution first!

Now get ā€œmandatory update FS required! How, please?

The simplest fix that works for me every time is to reset Gaming Services in Settings > Apps.

The update should start on its own.
If it does not, shut down the sim and try CaptHaddockā€™s advice.
Then start the sim and see if the update will start.

Let us know how you make out!

See the third post above.

Hi yā€™all! Thanks for help so farā€¦

Still getting ā€œfailed to loadā€, 0x80070002 error code
which suggests some files missing.
In Xbox app, FS, update
lots of hard drive activity, never seems to do anything!!!

I still wait in your topic for more informations :wink:

Thanks Micha!
Decided to do a new install of Win 10, then reinstall FSā€¦
Poking my eyes out with knitting needles seems very inviting at the moā€™ !!!

good to know , please report back in your topic. I assume this topic here is not the right one for you in case you still speak about a Steam Installation. In this case never that will happen : " opens MS store with Gaming Services instead"

Hi Micha
Which is the right topic? It seems you are right-Iā€™m not under Steam!!!
New Win 10 install, MSFS installed from DVDs-but cannot find how to start game!!! iIn previous install I had icon on desktopā€¦
My IQ is sub zero now!
Waiting for new 1Tb ssd-then will try againā€¦

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-failed-to-load-fs/575778

1 Like

Struggled with this for awhile. I kept trying the steps to reinstall Gaming Services but MSFS wouldnā€™t launch. I found it suspicious MS Store wasnā€™t flagging MSFS as needing an update (I havenā€™t launched since the AAU1 update).

I installed the ā€œXboxā€ app from the MS Store and once I launched it I saw MSFS in the queue for an update. Strange that I had never updated from the Xbox app before.

TLDR: It might be worth launching the Xbox App and seeing if you can launch MSFS from there

1 Like

I developed this problem back in December 2022 or so. I tried all of the remedies that I saw listed on the net, to no avail. On 28 February I decided to contact Microsoft directly. Cutting to the chase, I finally got the problem solved with the help of a Technician named Kevin in Windows Tech Support, working in the Phillipines. He remoted into my computer to solve the problem. The solution required uninstalling MSFS and Gaming Services, Creating a new Profile and migrating my profile info to a new profile and deleting the old profile, and reinstallin MSFS. As he explained it, there was apparently a corrupt problem in the profile. This is a radical solution, but it worked!

When you say Profile, do you mean Windows User account, or a Microsoft account, or Xbox account? Iā€™m trying to understand what was corruptedā€¦

I believe it is the Windows User Account since my Log-In screen changed.