MSFS flight plans take an excessive amount of time to load after World Update 11

Sry,

nice to hear about some decision for flight, very nice idea. I understand and really hope you’ll find solution. Good luck.

1 Like

Sir,

The OS is on an NVMe SSD on Drive C. It’s only 40% consumed.

MSFS and Steam are on Drive F, NVMe SSD. About 25% consumed.

There is no unnecessary application in the Start up. I have mastered msconfig since… the teens. I am finicky about the use of every bit of computing power.

I keep deferring the Windows Update after its maximum limit of one month. No downloads taking place in the background as I turned off all such background updates on the computer, and even on the phone. A page refreshes itself only when I hit the refresh button. I am very idiosyncratic when it comes to computing.

I have tried the sim with and without the anti-virus during this episode of long loading times while I was eliminating everything myself before I finally posted on the forum.

2 Likes

Thank you, sir, for your time, the concern, and the consideration.

You’re a gentleman!

1 Like

Do you delete your rolling cache before/with every update?

1 Like

Yes, sir.

I forgot to mention it, but I religiously do that.

1 Like

Did you scan your system to fix problems if there are any?
In the Windows search bar, type “Command Prompt”.
Right Click and select “Run as administrator”.
Type: sfc /scannow and wait for the progress to complete.”

If you decide to follow, please be careful with this - “In your MSFS folder go to: Official/OneStore/fs-base-cgl/CGL and delete all the numeric folders (total of 60GB) but leave DB_Notices.txt untouched.”

I only followed recommendations to sfc /scannow and to this one - “Type: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal” and this fixed some problems with my System and this helped me a bit with FPS and loading of flights. I did not follow other recommendation.

1 Like

Is it supposed to redownload itself somehow?
Deleted them all, and the sim loaded without anydownload, nor any available in the content manager

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to be some kind of cached data - you’ve been somewhere and it saves it.

Kk

Sim seems to run fine so far anyway :ok_hand:

1 Like

Of course it will.

Since it’s cached data, (AFAIK), it’s not a discrete download like an update - it’s an accumulation of small pieces of data based on where you’ve been - sorta’ like a browser cache.

You do some flying around and then check it again and I bet there’s a bunch of stuff there.

I deleted the Rolling Cache and set its value to 8 GB - down from 80 GB. The flight plans now load in no time (maximum two minutes, depending on where I am flying).

1 Like

WHAT?!!

80 gigs?  No wonder it took so long!

I had read that 8 gigs was the maximum you should set it to - and I did.

If you leave DB_Notices.txt untouched this will not re-download automatically.

1 Like

So should i delete it?

1 Like

This is up to you, just do not delete it from the computer - move somewhere, this may save your time in case you decide to reinstall them.

1 Like

Yes, I know. At one time, I had it set to 120 GB as well.

In the name of science…

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues. I have never tried to delete the rolling Cache - it has been set off on advice from Map Enhancement.

I start hating all these garbage mods we are lured into installing into our PCs. Pity that MSFS 2020 is taking a neutral side and laughing at us every time we install any of this junk stuff.

I am sickened to death that we must go through hell whenever there is an update from MSFS.

To all the simmers out there, please help boycott all these mods if the original creator of the game does not fully endorse them. It is shameful that we don’t have the chance to enjoy all the features of those significant updates; instead, we have to clean after and troubleshoot all these crashes.

This is a wake-up call…

Best Regards,

Pierre GEAGEA

Shanghai, China

1 Like

Just don’t install every other mod that comes out. Rely only on the Marketplace.

1 Like

Yes, this is a good hint. Thank you.

1 Like

I wanted to thank whoever mentioned Rolling cache.

As soon as I delete the file, I keep the rolling cache off. So now the sim is rocking.

Thank you to all.

Best Regards

1 Like