MSFS Forum will not open on iPad

Hi
Just for info
iPad Air is software version 12.5.5
This IPad is 6th gen version 14.8.1

ā€ŽDiscourse Hub on the AppĀ Store as a workaround?

I am so bummed. Same issue on iPad and it is from 2014. Everything works on my iPad except the flight sim forum so no reason to buy a new one. So disappointed And wish there was a fix :worried:

For the record I have exactly the same problem on an IPad Air 2. Iā€™ve tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome but all give the same black screen. I thought that the discourse suggestion made a few days ago was worth a try - and the result is yet another black screen!

Clearly some forum code has been modified and the only way that this will be fixed will be if the mod is corrected.

Of course I could just buy a newer IPad - but as mine still works fine for everything else and all other web sites I use, I think Iā€™ll steer clear of that option.

I suppose itā€™s too much to hope that a forum administrator will read this and pass it on to whoever maintains the forum code ā€¦.

1 Like

the Moderator team has been active in this post, so your hope has come true
that doesnt mean they are gonna ā€˜fix itā€™ to stay backward compatible tho, you may out of luck if thats the case

1 Like

Doesnā€™t necessarily have anything to do with the administration side of the forum - if Discourse dropped support for whatever webkit version that model year of Safari is capable of running, there wouldnā€™t exactly be a quick nor easy fix. During the maintenance, the Discourse version was (probably) updated as well - luckily if this wasnā€™t intended and an issue on the forum software version side of things, Discourse put out betaā€™s and updates fairly speedily.

My iPad seems incompatible too. itā€™s an older iOS 12.5.5. and no update available.

However, on my iPhone, the forums work fine. iOS 15.4.1.

So my guess is the old iOS is no longer supported. Bummer for me because the iPad is my daily tool. Sadly, Iā€™ll just visit forums on weekends now when I sit at the PC.

How do you check what iOS youā€™re running? I have two iPads and both work. Iā€™m currently typing this on my newer iPad.

EDIT: I browse the forums with Safari.

1 Like

iPad Pro (10.5 inch)
Software version 14.4

iPad Air (4th generation)
Software version 15.3.1

I need to update both.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.