MSFS Freeze after clicking Fly now button

It has been the same issue since last Thursday. Once to select fly stuck withing 60 to 75%. I set the graphics to the minimum other options to low or off. The software still doing the problem. I was thinking that was computer related. But it worked before. Microsoft please do something.

Since the GOTY and sim update was all good for the first couple of days then instant CTD’s when trying to load in… Been troubleshooting for almost a week now and cannot get anywhere without loading in safe mode, reinstalled twice on different drives ETC i’ve done all that I can and still nothing.

I’ve had the same problem. Google maps mod was the issue. Try to start a flight in windowed mode (alt+enter once in main menu).

This fixed it for me 5 min job:
After reading your post, I went to the FAQ of the mod on flightsim.to and followed the following:

App should restore to bing map when it close, if not, please delete The following two lines in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

"127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.ne t
"127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.ne t

Rebooted my machine, logged into MSFS 2020, and no issues with connections to the server, or being switched to offline

1 Like

This fixed it for me 5 min job:
After reading your post, I went to the FAQ of the mod on flightsim.to and followed the following:

App should restore to bing map when it close, if not, please delete The following two lines in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

“127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.ne t”
“127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.ne t”

Rebooted my machine, logged into MSFS 2020, and no issues with connections to the server, or being switched to offline

1 Like

I guess i have to apologize this time to Microsoft being tough in a previous comment i did this time. Your solution helped me solve the issue. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi all,

Might have a temp fix for you if everything else fails…
When loading into the game the only time I get CTD’s is when I try to log into a parking space, loading in on the runway while annoying works fine and I can complete full flights after doing so.

So load in on runway and taxi back start flight that way.

Please lmk if that works for you :smiley:

to those experiencing freezing on loading (task manager says “not responding” on game exe), i had the same, i opted into the Beta on steam which cured it, not sure if/how you can opt into the Beta on MS store version.

How do i save the deleted copy? I have used Notepad to open the Hosts file but I cannot save the file after deleting the 2 entries you noted

I have had this same issue of freezing after hitting FLY. First time happened about a week ago. I did a full uninstall/reinstall of MSFS. Didn’t resolve the issue.
I then did a System Restore back to 24 November and it worked. However this morning, after all being fine yesterday, I am getting the freezing again. This needs to be sorted please. Too many people reporting this now for it to be a customer issue.

1 Like

You need to run notepad as “administrator” right click on it :wink:

Thanks. MSFS is now unfrozen but I just updated to Windows 11 and that resolved the issue. Wondering if there is a connection about freezing, Google Maps mod and Windows>

I had the same problem after updated the drivers.
I rolledback to the oldest driver, and I tryed to apply so many solutiion. Like: Remove all aircrafts at community folder, change the settings of the graphics, and the hardest but not effective reinstall the MSFS.
After thought, on a last try, I removed the temp folders (of the MSFS) where is located at appdata .

And for my surprise the simulator comes back.

Thank You - It WORKS!
This saved the last four hairs on my head!!

Thanks all, this worked for me. I have reinstalled the sim several times and this did the trick in 2 minutes.

I’ll probably get shot down for bringing this up again but after SU9 the hanging issue went away. Wonderful!
Then. after the appearance of the phantom splash screen making an appearance the ‘Hang on Fly’ has come back. So the topic has NOT been solved!

Hi,…

a more better topic, related to SU9.patch, you can join is may be ( newest I remeber ):

For this topic here we found the reason and the solution ( google-maps changed hosts file ) and thus OP marked it as solved.

Thanks for that. I did look for a newer thread but it’s not easy navigating this forum.

1 Like

I am having this issue too for several weeks, the sim will load until 75%, then it will freeze, and in the task administrator it will say that the sim is “not responding”

1 Like