MSFS Game Server PING times are horrendous

I have been having terrible ping times of 300+ no matter which server I use. I’m on PC and use the MS Store edition. On Sunday 11-7, I could not even play. My speed test reading are about 32ms at 220MB/s download speed on multiple servers nationwide. I’ve noticed that the MS Servers are getting worse and worse where I get a low bandwidth warning or it switches to offline mode. Anyone else having this issue?

Which IP(s) were you pinging?

3 different local ones plus one about 3 hours away. I use SPEEDTEST.NET

Everyone of my PING times in the sim show 249ms. ASIA. EAST COAST, WEST COAST etc.

Same over here in europe. I suspect the launch of the game pass Version of forza horizon 5 putting huge load on the the ms / xbox live servers…

1 Like

Currently getting a ‘Connection lost - Please ensure you have an active internet connection…’ message as soon as I open up the game. My internet connection is fine on the other hand.

I got a “Connection lost” message an hour ago or so from the Midwest US. It was just maybe 10 seconds or so and came back but certainly messed up the immersion

Which IP addresses specifically? How do you know you are pinging MSFS specific hosts?

1 Like

When you are in the sim, go to your name in the upper right. A drop down menu will show you the servers. Pick the one with the lowest ping. All of mine show 249 no matter where in the world it is.

But if wanted to Ping them in real time, (to see how well I can see them), how would I find a specific IP address ?