MSFS hand/virtual controllers (quest 2 + virtual desktop + steamVR) are making me crazy!

Hello,

I have an oculus quest 2 without controllers and it works great! My problem now is with MSFS.
My best option is to use virtual desktop and steam VR.
Everything works fine, but my problem is that when I lunch the game and set it in VR mode, 2 virtual controllers appears and that really bother me because every time I try to select something with my mouse or my xbox controller the cursor keep moving back in the center because of these virtual controllers. Also the virtual controller select something even if I do not pinch anything and that is very bad!!
I search online to try to disable them but nothing worked. The last thing that I tried was to disable hand tracking directly from the Oculus settings and yes, my hands are no there anymore, but as soon as I lunch a game in steamVR the virtual controllers are still there and make me fly an airplane almost impossible.
I do not have controllers and I do not need them (virtal or physical), I just play MSFS and racing sims, how can I fix that?

PS: If I use airlink or link cable I do not have this problem, but the game is very laggy

When I am in VR mode I notice that, under the controllers, the 2 oculus controllers appears. Do you guys know a way to disable them?
I think that could be a nice option to have in the game

It sounds very strange that no one reply to this post or have the same problem as me.
Anyway, after hitting my head multiple times to the wall, I find a workaround that actually works.

Follow these steps to disable the SteamVR virtual controllers:

1. Luch MSFS, turn on your Quest 2 and open virtual desktop.
  2. Lunch SteamVR and enter VR mode in flight sim. The 2 virtual controllers appear like the screenshot.
    Screenshot 2022-05-23 174203
  3. Take off your Quest 2, open SteamVR, and to go settings - controllers setup
  4. Select MSFS, select custom and edit this binding
  5. Click on the first setting (system) and select unused. Re-open the same setting and delete.
  6. Leave all the pages open and go back to MSFS and now the virtual controllers are gone

I hope that this can help someone, but I really hope more that the developer can add the possibility to disable a device in the sim itself

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.