MSFS Launches MS Store for Gaming Services

Well, that is frustrating to say the least, as only reinstalling Windows 10 seems to safely cure it. If I look through here and various forums, that problem gets reported since May, and still with every update there a new users running into it. A quick look at some German forums reveales three more cases yesterday.

It would be great if solving this would get some priority.

Hello everyone

This Microsoft store -gaming services issue is driving me insane. I can’t get gaming services or flight simulator to download or run again. For 6 days now I tried probably every suggestion on this forum and none are working. Tried the deleting of the keys,deleting of services, tried to reinstall win10 via media creation tool. Someone suggested -go to C:\Program Files\Windows Apps find 2 gaming services folders take ownership and delete. I was able to delete only one folder. The other folder kept on saying you need permission. I took full control and or ownership permission and yet it still just won’t let me delete it. I think this is why I can’t get gaming services and the flight simulator game to work. Is there anyone who knows how to delete a windows apps gaming services folder bypassing the stupid folder access denied /you require permission to make changes? I changed the permission to administrator full control it doesn’t work for me. Please someone HELP

Follow ALL steps on this page
Xbox Live/Signing issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

1 Like

Blockquote
Well, that is frustrating to say the least, as only reinstalling Windows 10 seems to safely cure it. If I look through here and various forums, that problem gets reported since May, and still with every update there a new users running into it. A quick look at some German forums reveales three more cases yesterday.
It would be great if solving this would get some priority.

I have just learned from a moderator it apparently needs votes to get the chance to be fixed ? Ermmm, seriously ? How would other users not affected by this vote for it ?
I hope I misunderstood this.

and here we go again. That fu…ing Gaming Service ist back. Last time I had to reinstall windows. Rly, Microsoft? Rly?

2 Likes

Exactly the same,

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-does-not-start-anymore-update-impossible-reinstallation-impossible/432302

Have you tried.

Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
In the menu, select “Run as administrator”
In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Click Get to install Gaming Services (select Yes if you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt)

Restart your device and try again

1 Like

Thank you,Thank you , you fixed my problem. I really appreciate it. Any idea how to get msfs install to quit looping. I have tried all sorts of tips but yours was the first one to work. I’m all ears. thanks a million.

If you mean the small hotfix update and it loops at 3/5 just press Ctrl Alt Del on your keyboard to get into task manager then close Flight Simulator.
When you open it again it should restart and then complete

no I mean the whole program. I’m on a 500 mps modem it is loading at 3.3, I can’t believe it is this slow. I am on 3. 350 and its been two hours. I keep getting looping on files and it gets stuck. I restart msfs and it is still slow downloading. Any ideas?

No…I think there is just too much demand on the servers and thousands of frustrated people , even this Forum is locking up .
Others are reporting similar speeds.
Pack it in for a day or two is my only advice.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. I am not a computer expert and the help you provide people is valuable. I will wait a couple days and try then. I have shared your fix to others that have been stuck. Thanks again

Someone else reported…
Base game is now on PC. Finished at 9:30AM EST USA on Sunday. Took almost 20 hours….!

Never in my 20 years of gaming encountered a game that simply won’t launch, and here we are in 2021 with one that’s made by the same company making the operating system, to which the company doesn’t yet have a solution in almost 4 months since the bug first surfaced! This is truly hallucinating! Microsoft, if YOU don’t know how YOUR game interacts with YOUR system, who should? Your quarterly financial report looks good, how about fixing this wonderful game for all the people who bought it?

While I won’t hold my breath for the fix, FS2020 is the last product I’ll ever give you my money for.

2 Likes

Was told by MS to buy an Xbox if I want to play any more, I protested I have spent $3000 to get to use MSFS in VR and extra dollars on VR hardware and payware aircraft and scenery. Told them I will not buy an Xbox they can shove it!

What do you expect ? A fix for this has not enough votes.

Seriously, I have this now for the third time within a few weeks. I have enough of this embarrassment

This seriously was their official answer? Buy an XBOX if you wanna play? Oh boy… :)))

I have reset windows,wiped many programs and trying to download MSFS 2020 every 1% it stalls…it will take another week if I am lucky. Haven"t played now since July 25.

I am having exact the same issue since yesterday ?

I assume not… same as nobody forced him to buy new hardware, to buy a new VR glass, etc… :wink: