MSFS: Live Dev Q/A January 26th Discussion

I wonder if 3rd party devs who design from the start for xbox/msfs will their have greater success than those seeking to reuse code to port aircraft from other sims

Suppose it depends what aircraft they’re selling. Some aircraft from some devs will sell like hotcakes regardless I presume. Certainly it seems it’ll be easier to get your plane to a wide audience more quickly.

1 Like

@MikeyAir3272

Good for you that you have good performance … accurate weather … thunderstorms … great AI … and super ATC.

Great you have no stutters or ctd’s also.

Great your updates do not force complete reinstalls. Super :+1:

A lot of people have a different experience you know.

3 Likes

I’m sure they will – but there are so many wants and bugs to fix, the dev Q&A could easily be 5 hours long. I guess, to them, it’s not as critical as other things at the moment.

Oh I know. lol a very small cadre of those users are on this very forum.

1 Like

Happy to be one of those too!

Agreed. Many achievements have been broken since launch. They’ve never worked. And there have been a plethora of reports of them over the last 16 months. The fact this is brand new news to them is actually shocking.

6 Likes

I think those who have other experiences are in the minority but I could be wrong

1 Like

Lightning in Clear Skies part two :laughing:

1 Like

I missed out the location of WU8.
Can someone tell?

Thanks.

Iberia — Spain & Portugal.

3 Likes

In the meantime do you play the sim? The hours meter works. Jorg pretty much shut it down. lol

I personally couldn’t give 2 ■■■■■ about the acheivements. If they were removed tomorrow it would make no difference to me and I likely wouldn’t even notice.

The point is that there have been literally dozens of reports that acheivements are broken since launch and this is the first time 15 months later that they hear about it.

28 Likes

I was telling the person next to me when we were watching the Q and A, "this is really gonna bring out the MSFS forum critics " it is a full moon.

1 Like

I hope they fixed cockpit screen going black and then CTD for Xbox so we can fly longer

3 Likes

I haven’t (knock on wood) had that issue since that patch got released couple weeks back.

1 Like

Are there achievements?

2 Likes

Hmm, and here I was thinking they were concentrated only on making this a game? And now it turns out they have been doing so many other things that broken achievements haven’t even been registered… silly me.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of them either. What are these achievements all about? Serious question.

No, you’re not wrong. The evidence speaks to that. Over one million copies of MSFS 2020 have be sold and according to the latest Navigraph survey of more than 23,000 flight simmers, it is by far the most popular platform now. Like any issue, the disgruntled minority make the most noise. I would too if I were unhappy with the product’s performance. But the fact is that the vast majority ARE happy, thus the continued sales. Bad products don’t continue to outstrip their competitors in a discerning market. And Asobo/Microsoft must adopt a utilitarian approach to their operation which must accommodate numerous variables in users’ hardware setups. That is, they must provide the best outcome for the most people. And judging from the evidence, they’ve got it just about right.

14 Likes