MSFS: Live Dev Q/A November 17 Discussion

I didn’t see a topic so I thought I’d start one to discuss today’s Q/A.

Glad to hear Bush Trips are being fixed in SU7. Hopefully Achievements are addressed in SU8.

1 Like

They said they fixed colorbanding, which would be a godsend. They found the issue this morning, and Seb said it was fixed (or at least most of the time).

It was something that was in 10 bit, but should have been 16 bit….or something.

7 Likes

Did they really say that Bush Trips will be fixed tomorrow (SU7)?

3 Likes

That’s what I heard. Fingers crossed. It’s one of the first things I’ll be testing.

They totally deflected the Weekly Activity question. So frustrating. Why not just re-release the ones that exist? Xbox users have never even seen one.

And the question about the huge loss of performance when using pop-outs and undocking panels was once again ignored. :frowning:

9 Likes

Three common CTD cause fixes with SU7. Hopefully they include the ones I’ve been experiencing since SU5. I’ll be downloading the update tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to all the new stuff too.

1 Like

I missed the middle part due to work calls. Was anything interesting said about VR controller support, any details? Anyone can do a quick recap about what was said there?

1 Like

Did they say anything about developing helicopters?

1 Like

PMDG 757 :+1::+1:

Yes a “5”

4 Likes

Seb gave an update (around the 23:30 mark). It sounds like they’re working on the “new” propeller system at the same time as the roters for the helos. Seb said he had been testing the propellers this week. No timeline given.

1 Like

Today on Q@A, Seb confirmed this version of DX12 no change on graphic or either performance benefit, it’s only a test to see if base DX12 will works, after that on later update, graphic enhancement will be available and performance had potential to increase a bit later etc…For now do not expect anything on DX12 only to find bug\issue.

3 Likes

From what I remember, Martial was saying one part was fixed for tomorrow, but there are a lot of bugs in Bush Trips they are still working through.

6 Likes

What is this “new” propeller system??? Will it introduce prop-wash and P-Torque?

The issue with the legs not saving was fixed. Hopefully meaning that they’re able to be completed. I wasn’t able to gather what he meant by “other” issues. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Supposedly each blade is modeled individually. They went more in depth on the Q/A before this one if you care to check it out.

Seb also mentioned we’d have the option to turn it off when it’s released.

Is it just me or does the new Reno video show quite a lot of stuttering and low frame rates? A little worrisome. :slightly_frowning_face:

Well as far as I remember there was nothing mentionend regarding VR controllers.

Are you sure about that? In the PMDG forum the team was never really in the mood for the old 757/767 aircrafts. So even if we saw a 757 model today in Robert’s hands during the live stream, I won’t believe it until there is an official announcement or some previews.

At least no increase in performance. Somehow there will/might be some performance shifting between CPU and GPU which should results in an even performance level.

Well somehow yes or maybe they should have lowered the graphic settings for their recording :wink:

1 Like