MSFS: Live Dev Q/A November 17 Discussion

@Jummivana

Sorry for being blunt here:

But is it really fair that the color banding folk have to wait 3 months for SU8, when the code is already ready to be released according to Seb?

I feel like a hotfix would make more sense imho.

5 Likes

I dont think there will be a hotfix. The color banding bug is annoying, no question, but it does not prevent you from playing the sim. So there is really “no need” for Asobo to launch another version of the sim. But if something is wrong with SU7/GOTY there might be a hotfix which also includes the fix for the color banding issue.

5 Likes

I wonder whether DX12 could possibly improve that godforsaken shimmering bug… That would be nice

Maybe in the future but not tomorrow. For SU7 you shoudn’t expect anything from DX12.

1 Like

This seems to get ignored all of the time.

We need to start hyping this one up. I have a hard time seeing instrument panels, thus I need to pop them out. FPS gets wrecked for no reason.

We just need people to start writing a bunch of zendesk reports

Well I think there are many topics that would need this approach :wink: atc

Default ATC has and will never be usable. I would recommend Pilot2ATC or Vatsim. I have never touched default ATC and will never plan on it.

2 Likes

But Asobo/MS want to make it usable, maybe even with voice interaction and I would really like to see this

2 Likes

Well its what he did say …. Not only the model

FSELITE

So what’s up with the tease of the 757? Well, when Robert was first saying hello on the stream, he said that he keeps models of aircraft the team is developing on his desk as a good luck charm. He shared a quick look at a DC aircraft, followed by the 737. Then, without any prompting, he quickly brought up another aircraft model and said “there’s another product line that’s coming along and we’ll talk more about that a little later.” It was a bit quick, and a bit small, but from what we can see, it looks like a 757. Below is a snippet from that. You can watch the Twitch stream at around the 14:50 mark to see for yourself.

2 Likes

Where can I listen to the session?

In link in AppliedPython94’s post right above yours.

Ok you are right :smiley: Maybe PMDG is finally following the longterm wish of community for a proper 757 and maybe also an additional 767 because both aircrafts are very similar in terms of systems so the workload of a 767 should be pretty low :slight_smile:

Any info on if procedural buildings for WU6 will be coming in SU7?

Also will WU7 bring in new fauna?

1 Like

Didn’t hear either of those mentioned.

Thanks so much for bringing up the question in the Q&A!

I’m watching now. I always love the info they give us.

But the audio quality is always so bad it’s hard to hear what they are saying at times.
The devs themselves are often very quiet and there is lots of echo/room noise.

Please get them some decent microphones so they aren’t using what sounds like the microphone on their laptop.

3 Likes

Please create a wishlist topic. I’m sure many people will vote it up :wink:

1 Like

That would be nice. Hopefully kangaroos, emus (you know the ones who won the war against the aussies) and maybe even some dropbears! :slight_smile: In the waters would be great to have whale sharks in the Ningaloo Marine Park depending on the season.

got me worried now tbf, I’ll be hugely disappointed if there’s no vr controller support