MSFS not connecting to Reverb G2

Hi all,
Up till recently I have been using HTC Vive with Steam VR. No issues at all. I bought the HP Reverb G2 last week and for some reason I cannot connect to it in flight sim. I have “OpenXR developer tools for windows mixed reality” and I have “mixed reality portal”. But when I try connecting to MSFS, I get an error message saying …

“The initialization of VR has failed. Please check that OpenXR is installed on your computer and your headset can use it”.

I can use my headset with other apps like google earth VR but there is some communication issue between flight sim and my headset.

Can anyone help please? :slight_smile:

Check in openxr tools that your system status is okee (pointed to the openxr dll).
Steam vR uses a differnt dll.
What is the message under home screen/demo scene in openXR tool?

Hi Wielxp,

Thanks for coming back to me. Ive looked in the OpenXR and cannot see any of what you’re talking about. I have uploaded the screenshots. Hopefully this will explain what I am unable to.

it looked okee,
When you put on your headset does WMR start? are you in the WMR house?

If so what version MSFS do you have Steam or windows Store?

When you have steam version make sure in steamVR the VR ibrary is also pointed to Openxr.
You also have to install the windows mixed reality for steam tool in steam!

I have the dutch Steam VR version, but you can see what i mean.

Yes all good here too i think.

Yes, looks good.
Does other non Steam VR games work? Try the demo in Openxr developtool :wink: Does it work?
If so then there is something not right in MSFS. If not the problem is in WMR.

If the problem is in MSFS.
Try to not start steamVR(exit it) and close WMR portal (shut it down).
Make sure the light is still on you G2 (HP logo) and on the G2 power adapter.
Start MSFS. Set in MSFS the options/general/graphic settings for VR to low. (maybe the default settings are to high for you video card/memory.)
Start a flight and when you are on the runway, try to switch to VR ( CTRL/tab) make sure you have also set a button or key for reset view in VR. Wait and see if the 3d screen popup on your monitor.
Still error?

There is a tool what can reset your WMR drivers and close steam etc. Try it out, maybe it helps with you problem.

Good luck.

I have just downloaded the tray tool and will look at this tomorrow. Thank you for your help so far. I hope I can get this sorted. It feels like it’s definitely an issue with MSFS. I’ll try tomorrow. Time for me to chill out with a beer. Once again, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.