MSFS not working shows "Gaming Services" Microsoft Store?

Xbox PC Beta… after the MSFS Game updated today… its stopped working shows “Gaming Services” in Microsoft Store ?

Note: other games work fine

Xbox PC Beta App [Repair] done
Gaming Services App [Repair] done
MSFS Game Standard version [Repair] done
MSFS Game = start as Admin = done
Have restarted PC/laptop several times still no luck?

Anyone else with same issue/problem?

2 Likes

Same issue here … there were several proposals for solving this problem. 1. Removing Gaming Service via manual deinstall via powershell. 2. Repairing Gaming Service. 3. Logging out at x-box and logging back in … so far none of them worked for me … Most people I read did a full reinstall to solve this issue.

1 Like

As far as i can remember the original install took all night… i most likely will not reinstall MSFS and have cancelled my (Xbox PC Beta) subscription due to change/price increase? and will wait until the release of (Xbox Series X or PS5) what a shame…was quite enjoying the Game. Thanks to MSFS for the fantastic Game experience !

1 Like

well … I see it more relaxed … okay, by matter of fact and by reaction the update was a rather a shot in its goal … next to the fact that it gave the impression that Asobo´s Quality Assurance had a good time reading comics, instead of properly checking the new built … I guess some further patches here at msfs and we will all change to xbox :- )))

Same probelm for me. I was playing this awesome games for about 1 weeks without any problem.
Then an update came.
Today it said i need to install something from Microsoft Store. Installed. The nothing happend.
I had start again >> and now everytime i start i get redirected to Game Services (What is this?)
After serveral re-starts and “App >> Repair >> Reset” etc i went to Microsoft Store. There it was said that i need to install something. I did. now it looks like the whole program will be installed again. I am not sure where the installation happens now. because i had choosen different SSD drive on the first installation.

Sucks. So bad they had f… up the game just with one update.

Hi please tell me step by step what to do! Thanks in advance

In windows search bar type powershell.
Right-click on powershell and select run as administrator.

Copy/paste to powershell
(right click to paste into powershell window)

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
then press enter

Copy/paste to powershell
(right click to paste into powershell window)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
then press enter

Open xbox app. Click on your gamertag and sign out.

3 Repair and reset xbox app.

Open xbox app and sign in.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will testing this in few hours.
I come back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey its still not working. I have make all steps. But when i will start the flight simulator he open the store and go to the “Gaming Services” App. I have install the “GS” again and start the game but I have the same problem. :frowning: :worried:

Same problem.

I had exactly same problem . In fact my firewall blocked gaming services updating from internet .
Is not first time I have problems with firewall Zone Alarm and MSFS2020 ( same with firewall disabled ) . After completely uninstall Zone Alarm , MSFS202 started again flawlessly .

1 Like

Exactly the same issue, frustrating as this is the second time this has happened and I tried all the suggestions but no dice and seems I am again face with a reinstall

1 Like

My solution:
Turn off Windows Firewall: Turn Microsoft Defender Firewall on or off

Install Gaming Services

Reactivate the Firewall.

Just worked for me :grinning:

Same issue today after the latest xbox gaming services update.
Wtf is happening? Neither of the above mentioned solutions worked so far.
A few hours ago I way flying, now I can’t open the sim, it just brings me to the gaming services store site.

Update:
In the end a simple system restart helped, now everything is back to normal.
Hope this never happens…

I can’t open the game. Takes me to gaming services. Out of the blue. What the hell.

I was glad to find Your help, and when I clicked on FLY msfs before, it would only go to gaming
services and in upper corner it said this product is installed. After using Your help, now it says
the same thing in upper left corner, but on the upper right it says install on my devices, which
does not work. I only bought MSFS a few weeks ago and it took 4 days @5mbps and
I guess now I will uninstall just the one gig and hope that the 170G still holds.

What is Gaming Services? Had to reinstall after the last patch and looks as though will have to do again! Gaming Services shows “Installed” and “Download to Install”… confused dot com

Still unable to run MFS, takes me to Gaming Services in Microsoft Store (it’s like finding your luggage in Atlanta Airport!!!)

Here are different methods to solve Problems with Gaming services, if they have still the problem: https://youtu.be/wpZ3BZokSOA

I am closing this topic now since it is essentially very old