MSFS Performance, Memory Usage, Loading - Current MSFS Performance Tweaks

NVME is running perfectly as advertised, and me the same as you with the addons, its just another folder withing the directory which makes zero difference so yeah very stumped!!

Its crazy the moment I add in some addons MSFS just doesnt want to load, surely there must be so more to this, anyone?

Is there like some caching of new scenery that needs to happen and if so is that in the roaming or manual ??

Does it run if you remove all addons?
If so, one of the addons is probably faulty.
I would try to find the faulty addon by either adding one after another and check,
or as its large amount by adding first half, check, then if this freezes, first quarter, check, and so on, to narrow it down.

1 Like

Yes it does run when i remove them it, it eventually loaded but took an excessive amount of time. They all loaded but just took so long, I am wondering if the manual cache is where this stuff gets stored or the rolling cache?

Is there anyway of telling how much of the Manual cache has been used ?

MFS2020 uses just one core/thread so im not supriced why fps is 30 under heavy load

Thats not true at all.

1 Like

So, do i understand right that you sim doesnt start at all if you add some Mods?
If yes, you should figure out which AddOn/Mod causes the problem and then eliminate it.

EDIT: If you use a ton of AddOns at the same time, the loading time of the sim increases significantly before you reach the main menu.

1 Like

Yes true this, does increasing the Rolling Cache or Manual Cache help with having extra addons and loading times etc HX ?

I dont think so. the initial loading time is just higer with more AddOns cause the MSFS “scans” the community folder for AddOns, as more you have there, the longer it takes.

Caching will only help when In-flight or (maybe) if you load the flight itself. But the sim startup loading will not be affected by caching.

1 Like

I have been testing some scenery that a friend is working on. I have noticed some major slow downs in the world map and loading flights with some of his earlier variants when I have these in the community folder.

Process of elimination? Temporarily remove all and add them back slowly to see if it’s any particular mod?

1 Like

Well they should develop a cache for your addons!!!

Honestly it loads as you say it just takes a ton longer unfortunately.

But really I have addons from all over the world so it should really only load based on the area you are flying in

Yeah, you would think so, but one of his mods for a small airfield in UAE which he was creating custom 3d models for basically caused world map to grind to a snails pace even if I was looking at Europe.

1 Like

wow ok, you think there was a way to have like a LOD of addons loaded or something!!

I think his first attempts at this may have had incomplete paths. Links in the mod to assets which he had not included or which were broken. This likely causes some issues somewhere. His subsequent versions performed a bit better.
But such is the thing with “enthusiast made” content that it’s worth checking through by trial and error to see if any one particular mod might cause msfs2020 to freak out.

1 Like

Of course that sounds good, I have a huge rolling and manual cache operating on a dedicated NVME and still suffer this, the sim should create junction links to only relevant mods again based on a lod!

Decreasing performance playing !SOLUTION! - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hi guys.

I’m trying to figure out if someone has a real good guide for settings on the sim, or the Nvidia software. I am really perplexed by this sim performance, and to be honest, I’m kind of loosing my enthusiasm here. The sim has performed well most of the time, but we all know what happens every time there is either a sim update, or in some cases the culprit can be the driver. I have a high end pc and I actually replaced mt EVGA 3080Ti for a 3090Ti and it seems the performance got worst. I just can’t believe I’m having all these issues. Of course, when I installed the new card it gave me everything on ultra, which I knew it wouldn’t work. I tried it like that still, but the FR were terrible. I tweaked to what I thought would be good enough, but I still have FR problems, even on regional airports!
I’m In missing something here? I should be getting at least 40 to 50 FR but I can’t seem to get more than 25, and 15 on major airports. This is really discouraging because I really thought it would be better. I have a great CPU, i9-9900KF, one of the best GPU money can buy, EVGA 3090 Ti, and plenty of memory. I really can’t figure out what’s the problem. Appreciate any thoughts and tips and in all honesty, this is as far as I’m willing to go with this PC.
Thanks