MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager (with Touch Panel Support) [v4.0.3]

Note, you can directly extract the new version on top of existing version. Your saved user data will still be available.

This has a lot of potential and i know its early in its life but for me at least it needs some more fine tuning to make it useable. This is my feedback and suggestions.

• It shoudnā€™t allow you to open more than one instance. I did it by mistake and took me a little while to figure out why i had 2 lots of panel numbers overlays.
  • It becomes a problem if the initial load view cannot see all the required panels. I had to set wideview to be default. Could it remember what view you had when you do setup and always apply that before doing analysis. this cuts out more manual intervention.
    -I think you should strive for a automated hands off solution, so why not provide the option to do the analysis automatically after loading by detecting what aircraft has just loaded. The app could just sit in the system tray once everything is set up.
    -On the same automation theme what about switching the battery and avionics on for the analysis and if they they were off prior to this step then switch them back off again. Perfect for those ramp loads when you should be cold & dark.
    -The analysis does not work everytime. Again could you automatically try it again say 3 times if the panels found do not match those that have been set.

Great work so far.

Thanks for your feedback. Will look into incorporating your suggestions in the next release.

HowĀ“s about showing G1000 PFD and MFD on two different monitors?

1 Like

You can do that already.

I do that now pop out to my RSG G1000 setup I have. Works fine

1 Like

Why do I get that surrounding image? The normal in-game pop-out only produces the panel.

EDIT
Never mind. That occurs when I expand the view to fill the screen. I was trying to enlarge it to fill a full screen bezel.

1 Like

When I try to open 2 popouts to 2 different monitors it gets stuck:

Opening 1 popout to a different monitor works fine.

1 Like

Iā€™ve to look into this. I have 2 tablet running as separate monitor too. Btw, what is the screen resolution of the main monitor (where the game is being run)

1 Like

Thx 4 looking into this. Main monitor is 4k

1 Like

When Main Monitor is in Full HD, everything works fine

1 Like

Unfortunately, 4k monitor for my app wouldnā€™t work currently because in order to separate the pop out panels, I need a 4K high resolution image of the magnifying glass icon with the plus sign (upper right corner of each pop out panel) to match and click to separate the panel out. Since I only have a 1440p monitor, I wouldnā€™t be able to get an image of that. You can see these images in the folder ā€˜config/preprocessingdataā€™. Looks like the rescale 4K image I used is not good enough.

I believe I have the answer. In the next version, I will create a vector graphic for the icon so I can scale it accurately across all resolution. Then image recognition for panel separation should work for 4K monitor.

1 Like

Hey there,

first of all:
Absolutely great work!! This tool is really useful!

Iā€™m using the 2.0.3 Version and have a similar problem with an 3840x1024 Monitor.
It looks like the magnifying glass cannot be found, the tool wonā€™t seperate 3 panels after popping them out.
Is there anything I can try to change to make it work (Except getting a smaller Monitor :rofl:)

Thanks for all your effort!

1 Like

Made a mistake, Iā€™m using 2.1.0.0

Hi TutsMaNix,

I donā€™t have a monitor 3840x1024 resolution but Iā€™ve tried to recreate your monitorā€™s resolution as close as possible on my monitor with 3440x1024 (the vertical resolution is the more important one to keep the gameā€™s image aspect ratio). I was able to pop out and separate both panels for C172 and all 6 panels for A320neo. So with matching vertical resolution and your monitor is only slightly wider than mine, it is most likely not your monitorā€™s problem.

With version 2.1 new image recognition algorithm, the pop out separation should work for you. Really sorry Iā€™m at a lost and unable to replicate your issue.

Would you please make sure youā€™ve everything set for your PC?

1. The game resolution must match your selected monitorā€™s resolution in Windows OS.
  2. When you click the ā€œAnalyzeā€ button, please do not touch your mouse or keyboard.

If everything are set and the app still cannot separate the panels, one other thing to try is to set the OS and game to another resolution such as 1280x1024 for testing. If the pop out works, then there is something about the unusual 3840x1024 resolution that is causing the issue and Iā€™ve to look deeper into it.

Btw, is the 3840x1024 single monitor or triple monitor (3X 1280x1024) setup?

Hey,

it looks like it was not my best day to ask my questions. Iā€™m sorry for that.
First I was putting the wrong Version of your tool Iā€™m using and now I realized I was telling you the wrong resolution.
Iā€™m using the 2.1 version.
The resolution of the monitor is 3840x1080, a Samsung ultrawide one.

My actual setup is:
1x Samsung Monitor Gaming 49" Super UltraWide QLED, Resolution 3840 x 1080
1x Asus ZenScreen 15,6", Resolution 1920x1080 (where Iā€™m using the panels)

Steps I already performed for testing:

1. Checking all the display settings in Windows and Nvidia panel. They are all set correctly to 3840x1080.

2. I completely removed the Pop Out Manager and reinstalled it, making sure I got the lates version 2.1.

3. Trying to pop out 3 panels from a Cessna Citation C4J
    3.1. At 3840x1080 (FS in fullscreen), panels are not recognized.
    3.3. At 1920x1080 (FS in fullscreen), the panels are recognized and everything works perfectly.

So at the moment Iā€™m flying at 1920x1080 resolution, because I really donā€™t want to miss your tool anymore :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best greetings,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I believe I have fixed the super ultrawide monitor pop out panel separation issue. Please download the newest version 2.1.1 in my github repo, try it out and report back if it works for you. Iā€™ve tested the code by forcing my monitor into 3840x1080 resolution and am able to pop out and separate 3 panels in Citation CJ4. I found out during testing that with super ultrawide resolution monitor, the window aspect ratio where the panels first popped out looked different.

Thanks for using the app and providing valuable feedback.
Stanley

Hey Stanley,

you definitely nailed it now!!
If this would be an Android app, I would rate it with 5 stars :smiley:.
Itā€™s working like a charm (see pictures).

Phase 1:

Phase 2:

Phase 3:

I really appreciate your fast response times, wish everyone in the software industrie had the same ones!

One hint for everyone using it, no matter of the resolution of the monitor, I guess:
Make sure your Windows taskbar is at the BOTTOM of the screen (where it normally is, but Iā€™m not normal :rofl:).
If you were putting it e.g. to the left side, the popup window of FS will not be at the edge of the screen, causing the automated mouse clicks, to seperate the panels, to not work (The mouse will click left of the spyglass symbol, exactly in the distance of the width of your taskbar).

I think this is definitely not a real issue, but good to know, when starting with your tool.

Thanks again for all your work,
Peter

1 Like

Glad everything worked out for you! Happy simming!

Looks like GOTY update with DX12 fixed the pop out FPS performance penalty. On the other hand, looks like DX12 has worst performance compare to DX11 in certain area of the sim. Tested it with C172 and CJ4. But Iā€™ll take small FPS penalty of DX12 compare to automatic 20% - 30% decrease of FPS with pop out panel any day. Good job MS/Asobo!

2 Likes