MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager (with Touch Panel Support) [v4.0.3]

Still an issue its an Asobo issue that many of us reported several times. They seem to believe its not really a bug but enhancement. I doubt they’ll ever really fix it, got bigger things to do like add flashy stuff to the simulator…

I see you’ve been on Etsy? lol
Great place to buy throttle handles for the Bravo!

2 Likes

Hi Sling380,

I’ve to temporary remove this feature to support SU10 (maybe SU9 also) since panels that are popped out from toolbar behave differently. When moving a toolbar pop out from one monitor to another monitor with both monitors having different resolutions, the pop out resizes by itself. If you have SU10 installed and have 2 monitors with different resolutions, please see if you’re experiencing the same behavior. An example is moving check list or ATC pop out from one monitor to another monitor.

I’m waiting for final SU10 final release code and see what Asobo team will change or not change before I figure out a new method to reinstate this feature. I’ve tested that touch part does work on built-in panel once they’re popped out but this problem is preventing me from accurately placing panel for the pop out manager part.

Stanley

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I guessed it was something to do with the update. I’m not using the beta so I’ll wait for your update after SU10 is out in its final version.

This was fixed with the first SU10 Beta (1.27.9.0). I was able to pop out as many windows as I wanted with no noticeable performance loss and really awesome performance (45-55 fps, 4K, all ultra). This was both with DX11 and DX12.

Sadly, the follow-up (1.27.11.0) broke this again and it’s now actually worse than it is in SU9. Far more latency and stuttering when popping out windows.

Of course, this seems to be ignored by MS as usual. Adding some votes to the thread below could be helpful to raise attention to this lingering problem.

I’m hoping they can reverse course and revert to whatever they did in the original SU10 Beta, as it was an amazing experience to be able to run the sim at full performance with popouts.

1 Like

+1 to Crunchmeister71. I’ve written down result SU9 FPS penalty for a flight starting at KLGA at about 13 fps with DX11. I’m now on SU10 1.27.11.0, same DX11 and I’m actually getting worse performance at 17 fps penalty. I could be imagining or maybe because I’m running beta code but SU10 1.27.9.0 was running so smooth. It was a shock that I was getting perfect 45 fps at KLGA and now I’m back to around 30 fps with 1.27.11.0. I’ve an AMD 5700XT running mostly high settings at 3440x1440p at 80 render scale.

At least in my case with latest SU10, I switch over and can run the game using DX12 without major stutters every second. And DX12 for me has very little fps penalty compare to DX11 (30% penalty) even it has lower overall fps . It’s a compromise for DX12, lower overall fps , much lower fps penalty and fewer stutters with latest beta. I’ll take it.

But I want SU10 1.27.9.0 back which was perfect, LOL!!

You and me both!

I can’t use DX12 in 1.27.11.0 so I can’t compare. It’s doing the same as the old DX12 beta released last year. Frame rates jump from 40s down to 10s and anywhere in between. It’s horrendous and unusable for me. DX12 in 1.27.9.0 was excellent. DX11 was great too, but DX12 was really awesome. Just had to drop my textures to High to get rid visual artifacts. It was perfect. Well outside of mouse events on popouts being broken…

@iDigStuff :slight_smile: I think I’m keeping him in beer money for this year.

2 Likes

Wonder if they’ll fix it for final release? Maybe devs sometimes fix things in one beta, then use previous code to test other fixes or new features, before finally updating it all together? Sort of, isolation of different issues and features for testing?

Anyone else not getting this to “auto” function?

Hi Demariners,

Did you install the “Ready to Fly button” community plugin and bind the aircraft livery to the profile you want to auto pop out?

I have a new issue that the app will not start with the sim now. When I start it manually I get a w10 message that warns about this app not being on my local network but it is.

It is on a network drive though. Does it now have to be on the local machine?

Just tested it and I’m on Windows 11. I ran it off a shared drive and I’m not getting any error message. Maybe on Windows 10, it works differently?

My shared path is something like below and it ran fine. But it asked me to open a firewall port to my server which is expected:
\\homeserver\c$\MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager\MSFSPopoutPanelManager.exe

That’s gotta be it! Never installed the plugin. Ill give it a go thanks.

Still not working. When I get into the plane where it says ready to fly. It automatically hits “ready to fly” then nothing happens. In the window of the application it says “Automatically Popping out panels for profile 737” but nothing happens. However, I also noticed doing it manually will also no longer work. I hit pop out panels and it sits there.

I don’t know for sure, but Windows maybe searching the primary disk formatted as a system or boot drive. That’s the one plugged into the motherboard.

The other catch is that network drives may not be connected (“mounted”) when Windows searches for an .exe file. In my dev experience network drives often gives problems depending if they use a UNC network name or Windows drive name e.g. N:data

I aim to keep important data local to my flightsim PC, because its always available.

Hope that helps.

It’s ok I got it working. I had the wrong path in my exe.xml because I previously had the touch preview version.

Restarted computer and now it’s working. Who knows.

Glad you’ve resolved the issue. Pop out not working happened to me a lot because during development of Pop Out Panel Manager, I do a lot of starting, stopping, restarting a flight or the game which most users do not go through on a daily basis. When in doubt, restarting the game will usually resolve any weird issue.

1 Like