MSFS shuts down without warning

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? I have not used Dev mode… yet. Maybe someday.

Brief description of the issue: I’ve had MSFS2020: Steam Edition close without warning 3 or 4 times. So far, it’s only happened right as I’m about to land anywhere.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: It happens sporadically. I can’t really reproduce the issue.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme - Intel Series, i5-11600KF 3.9GHz, 16GB DDR4, GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, 500GB NVMe SSD. I’m running Windows 11 Home, the stable version (22000.348).

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: I don’t have the build version. How do I find it?

Any help would be appreciated.

First of all: please stay away from Dev mode, especially as long as you don’t even know how to tell which build you’re flying.
That said: is it just MSFS that shuts down? Or your entire PC?
If it’s just MSFS that goes head down from the roof top I’d check the content of the community folder.
If your entire pc shuts down, I’d check internal temperatures and PSU first.

Thanks for the reply. It’s just MSFS that shuts down, not my PC. My PC is brand new, so…

I’m definitely not using Dev mode. My current build for MSFS is Build ID: 7689019.

Empty your community folder and try again more than likely a mod causing the CTD

1 Like

I checked, and my Community folder is empty - no mods, no add-ons.

Have you updated to the latest Nvidia driver? If so that could be the problem.

1 Like

Topic moved to #bugs-and-issues:ctds category, as MSFS seems to crash to desktop.

im having the same issue, it just randomly CTD’s the last one 5mins ago just as atc was speaking, i’ve tried lowering the graphics settings, and running my gpu at stock, but it still happens and only with this game, i’ve done all the usual like verifying etc, removed my comm folder.
my setup.
ryzen 5600x a@4600, 32gb ram@ 3600, msi trio 3060ti.

I have started getting consistent ctds today, all were exactly 22 minutes into a flight.
The only thing that I can tell that changed on my system was the update for the Working Title G1000.
I use it in the Cirrus SR22.

Yeah, I can’t even finish a flight without MSFS freezing then closing. I just installed FSX to get me through this FS craving, because MSFS seems pretty f’d up right now. Maybe MS will fix it soon.

Please explain why you posted this screenshot. I think I’m missing something. TIA

turn off windows graphic hardware acceleration…fixed my problem of ctd and freezing stuttering issues

Thank you, Itzno67! I think that fixed it. I had to google it, but it’s right there in Settings.

Iga it shows error messages… Joe

turning off hardware acceleration worked for me as well.