MSFS shutting down right after load screen popped up (MSFS is not downloaded yet, just the 1,8gb launcher on steam)

Hey, so i just downloaded MSFS launcher after cpu upgrade from i5-9600KF to Ryzen 9 5900X. At first the launcher wanted msplat.dll which was missing so I added it to files. Then it showed error about missing media feature pack which I downloaded as well. Then the launcher began to start up, went fullscreen with black screen and loading circle at bottom right corner but after 5 seconds it just shuts down. Any ideas on how to fix that please ?

Moved to Install, Performance & Graphics for community assistance.

Hi @SemlerHC , & welcome to the forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

Since the missing file & pack are both media-related, have a look at this article to see it if helps:
How to fix a black loading screen – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Thank you for your advice. Even tho your guide didn’t fix it but rather made me try something that fixed my game.

To fix this problem I needed to got to Steam>Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and choose properties. Then type under General tab in Launch options “-threads 12” if you have 12 core cpu. if your CPU has 6 core and 12 threads don’t be mistaken and type “threads 6”.

This fixed it

2 Likes