MSFS stuck on black loading screen

When I load into MSFS it gets stuck on a black screen and doesn’t even reach the “Press any key to start”. I dont get why it does this I read somewhere to switch headphone outputs but that doesn’t work, anyone know how to fix it?

Try turning off the Firewall and opening the app through the XBOX beta app as opposed to using the Microsoft store or a shortcut from the desktop/start menu. If you don’t have the XBOX beta app yet, you can download and install it.

I would’ve included a link if the forum would let me, but a google search should get you there just as well.

1 Like

Do you have a lot of add-ons? Apparently the more stuff in your Community folder, the longer it takes to load.

Yea but ive been sitting here for like an hour and it hasnt loaded, dont have that much stuff.

How would I disable the firewall just for MSFS, i have disabled windows defender.

I had this problem last week and I tried everything, including resintalling. I eventually resolved it by disabling all the audio devices in the Sound control panel. This allowed the game to launch. I then enabled the audio devices one at a time, hoping to find the culprit, but I ended up enabling them all without issue.

2 Likes

I’m having this same problem. If anyone has a solution please let me know!

Windows+R
enter “firewall.cpl” and press enter

But that disables the firewall for the whole system, is there anyway to do it just for msfs?

yes but first you should try disabling to see if that is even the problem. If it doesn’t change anything when you disable it system wide, it’s possible that no adjustments are needed concerning the firewall at this point in order to fix the problem.

That being said. Assuming you are running Windows 10, if you click start and type “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”, the option should pop up before you can finish typing.

I can’t post links yet, so if you don’t know to complete the necessary steps, perhaps you can Google for “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”. The guide from pureinfotech(dot)com should explain in detail how to allow a specific app through the Windows Firewall, in case it isn’t already allowed.

Good luck!

Mine did that after the last windows update. It was causing windows defender to spike my cpu. Turns out updating my outdated Asus gpu tweak 2 fixed it for me.

This happened to me after downloading the Bryce Canyon and Zion scenery packs which are huge files. Just deleted Bryce and the game launched (although much slower than usual)

Same happened to me - both packs are large and appear to load very slowly. I pulled off Bryce (after some long sightseeing flights!), but have been putting up with Zion, which is my favorite place on Earth :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.