MSFS2020 Will Not Install / Launch

Brief description of the issue: After initial launcher installation and choosing the folder path for the Packages I had backed up from a previous installation MSF2020 completes “Checking For Updates” then goes to a black screen with a blue loading bar at the bottom that slowly moves across then stops near the end and sits there for infinity

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: ! Capture|690x387

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Just try to launch the game

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Ryzen 5800X
RTX 3080
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
32GB DDR4 3600Mhz
1TB SSD

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? No

Maybe (and I mean maybe) these two articles might help:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015999539?input_string=cannot+load+the+game

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

They didn’t

Hi Do you have any add on into your community folder ? If so empty it and try to launch your msfs again.
Make sure that the add ons are uninstalled actually.
I had recently the same problem and couldn’t make it even after having emptied the community file and re installed msfs completly. (I’m using a separate add on loader in order not to have only the necessary add on for my current flight and avoid to charge the loading time too much).
In the end I discovered that one of my add ons i.e WorkingTitle CJ4 went spoiled (The reason why I don’t know. Further to an update of MSFS or loading of a new NVidia driver ?) and when I was using my separate loader the spoil of the file made it impossible to be uninstalled from my community file. This made msfs launching looping again and again.
I knew that this addon was spoiled when opening it and could see that some files inside were missing.
Eventually and in order to get something fresh I have reinstalled MSFS and reloaded a fresh CJ4 file. Made a full reinstallation and so far everything seems to be ok.
I think it’s worth checking at each add on to make sure that they are not spoiled before including them again into your community folder.

Hope this help

So the only thing that worked was completely uninstalling xbox and flight sim, starting over, and installing flight sim only to its default location on the Windows drive.

I didn’t want to do that because my Windows drive does not have enough space, but apparently MSFS does not like being installed to a different location.

Will have to look at how to move the packages files later.

it depends on what you have done here “backed up from a previous…”…

PS.: also because of these, is the thread-heading a bit missleading

Of course it seems to be better to let the sim be installed on your C drive where WIndows is set usually.

For the addons files (and in order to reduce the number of files into the msfs community file) you can try to download and install the following : ModManFX 64

This a freeware mod manager into which you can store all your addons and then select one by one those one you need for your specific flight. It’s also helping reducing the game loading time.