Multiplayer nameplate on/off key mapping

Agreed!! And by the time your back in the positions have changed…

This would also be a big help flying formation. Can’t take time to go into a menu when flying up close to someone. But also good to turn them on to take a quick glance at who is around you and where, and then back off for a screenshot or video.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to toggle from showcase camera back to cockpit also. I kinda like landing with showcase camera 4 (the underbelly one) sometimes but I only do it on ils landings as its too finicky to get back into cockpit quickly if something goes wrong. Alternative let us edit the external cameras.

YES!!!

All I do is fly in formation with friends. It is VERY difficult to get together with tags off because of the poor draw distance. With tags on, they ruin the screenshots. So we are stuck with joining up then trying to sync-pause and toggle the options. Then as soon as we unpause we need to stay in very close visual range or the model disappears and we have to start again. It has already ruined several flights.

Add a hot key for tags, add player distance to the tags, and let us increase the draw distance for other aircraft!

5 Likes

Please oh please oh please add a hotkey for multiplayer nametags. I don’t typically use them. But it’s nice to have periodically.

Thanks guys you’re all super awesome for all the hard work you’ve done.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I don’t like having them on all the time but sometimes I’m like “Oooh is that a player?” and would like to be able to swap them on easily.

2 Likes

YES!!!

Also, while we are at it can we include the distance from us in NM please? The altitude is useful, but Im much more interested in knowing if they are near enough to cause a potential conflict.

Maybe also make it so you can show only tags for those closer than X nautical miles?

12 Likes

A big yes to Hot Key for name tags. Also could they be a little smaller, and as for distance, maybe they could be more translucent the further away they are.

4 Likes

Even better: a toggle that shows / hides all visual aids: HUD (in external view), name plates, taxi marker, location name plates, etc.

2 Likes

YES YES YES!!! A toggle for all the visual “disturbances” at once: taxi ribbons, traffic nameplates, location nameplates, external camera HUD. For quick and easy switch between information and pretty views.

2 Likes

Yes, having distance in the nameplates would be a great improvement.

Any and all options associated with new keyboard assignment possibilities would be nice.

I have taxi diagrams for everywhere, but if the taxiway names are not accurate, how the hell do I know where ATC wants me to actually go? lol! Having most of the assistance options as bind-able key assignments would be super nice. I don’t always want to use the taxi instruction guidance, but I sure would rather press ctl-shift-T or something to turn it on and off than have to go into the menus to turn it on or (shamefully) in some occassions I just let the AI taxi because it knows where to go after landing and I do not.

The one I would use most though still is the player name tags, I would love options inside it too, like friends only, or which details you want under (type, altitude, groundspeed, etc.). There are so many fantastic customizations one could make there, and with all assistance options… eventually leading to things like instant replays

I was looking to bind a key for this exact action!

2 Likes

This is such a simple feature that would improve my experience so much

This is something that was standard in FSX, wish they had kept it. We need it!

1 Like

Absolutely! We need this one big time. Or, combine this with other similar wish list posts to get all the votes pulled together. Like setting the LOD so we only see others that are close to us (with selectable distance).

HUGE quality of life improvement with this one. And it seems like a quick, easy win.

Can you add a hotkey to turn off and on nametags when flying in multiplayer. This would really help out a lot of streamers and people fling in groups.

any hope of this?

1 Like

Great idea. While the name tags can be turned off in the settings it is clunky to do so. A keyboard or controller assignment for it is a genius. Upvoted!

1 Like

I’ve written the following in another Wishlist item about the taxi ribbon:

More importantly to me would be to have a TOGGLE mode we could map on a controller (key, joy, or even a dedicated “Assistance” pull down menu like ATC and MAP) so that we can quickly glance to it when needed but remove it from view most of the time.

There are a few items like these for which an Assistance popup window would be really helpful for toggling on/off these features easily and quickly.

2 Likes