Multiplayer nameplate on/off key mapping

I cannot believe that after more than a year, something so simple yet so useful is still not implemented. Why would this even be on the same list as the “I miss trains” thingy? I bet it would be a matter of a few minutes to add a keybinding like this. Big thumbs down!

Asobo, at least don’t break the mods that used to provide the functionality you are unable to provide!

2 Likes

I would like to see this too! It would be really useful to be able to toggle them on and off quickly without pausing and entering several menus to do it. As the option is already there (in the menu), it should be an easy feature to add

I mean this seems like an easy fix some dev could work on in an afternoon. But what do I know?!

Hopefully we can get a few more votes folks!

1 Like

This would be a massive “quality of life” improvement and it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.

1 Like

Really want this, would help the MP experience so much - please!

3 Likes

Thats would be a great idea, so must better than having to keep pausing

Agreed and it would be a quality of life also, if you can bind the labels/markers visibility to keyboard, for taking quick screenshots.

This is something that has been sadly missing, especially in a community flying situation, so if this was implemented it would be a great help, thank you

1 Like

This is a good example, how Asobo is listening to the Community… So disapointing…

This would be great, shame it’s never been implemented.

I wonder how hard it possibly can be to change that. What’s the problem not implementing it? Anyone with coding experience that can elaborate on it or is it simply a priority issue even though it might be thing of 30 min to put in?

How has this still never mentioned it to the “top wishes” section? We need more votes or something :frowning:

This should have been since the release of the simulator :pray:

3 Likes

Please Asobo implement this feature. It would make the multiplayer experience so much more enjoyable.

Yes, i think it would be nice, when we could show the multiplayer nameplates quickly and temporary with a key or joystick or controller button during flight… Normaly i fly always with nameplates off for more realism, but sometimes it is interesting to see, who is in my area. At the moment, we must stop our flight and go to the general settings and activate or deactivate it.

I hope, we can soon see also the distance and altitude and speed…

And a max. distance range would be fine. I dont want to know information about an aircraft which is 200 miles away from me :wink:

I don’t even play multiplayer but this sounds like a brilliant idea. There are many things I wish I had a keybind or toggle switch in the toolbar for. I wonder if settings like this can be toggled using custom toolbar items made using the SDK?

When joining community events I often need the traffic nameplates to be able to identify the ‘leader of the pack’ or find the group when I got lost.

On the other hand, the immersion significantly goes down with all these huge and ugly nameplates (which I can’t change on XBox).

Please make toggling the nameplates on and off an option that I can configure to any key on my keyboard or controller!

That would be a great enhancement, because I could switch them quickly on to orient where the other players are and then switch them off again to increase the challenge and enjoy a more intense immersion!

2 Likes

I really would like this to be available as a keybind.

Same here on Xbox… Would be nice to have this function in vanilla version.