Multiplayer visibility regardless of server

Would love to be able to see everyone flying simultaneously regardless of the server they are on. This would make the virtual skies more full and exciting.

When I first bought MSFS, that’s how I thought it was. It wasn’t until I started reading the forums that I learned that the server you were on determined which players you saw.

1 Like

Hi fellow simmers!

I think most pilots use the sim servers automatically, those that offer them the best speed, generally the ones that are located in the same actual region.

So when flying to remote areas, the number of players begins to fall, probably because in those areas local pilots may be using local servers. You can feel the empty skies. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I tested this while flying over continents others than mine. I changed the server manually to use the one corresponding to that region and I could see much more multiplayer traffic.

My wish here is - if possible - to have an option to see the same number of pilots all over the world, no matter what server is being used, considering some kind of custom limitation if necessary.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Nice idea!

1 Like

I wish for server independancy, in that I connect to any EU server, and would still see and fly with people connected to the US servers or Asia server. SU14 did nothing for me as multiplayer stability goes, at least when I’m connected to another server than my closest one.

I enjoy flying along with streamers all over the world, ungrouped, so I have to connect to all of them at some point, often with less than optimal ping. What I’m seeing is that planes around me disappear, while I’m still visible to whoever I’m flying with. So I’m pegging that down to my client not getting updates from the server I’m connected to for too long, basically timing me out for a minute or 5, before putting me back in, often WAY off the “swarm” I’m flying with. It’s (still) annoying.

How about this: I’m connected to North EU, buddy is connected to SE Asia. Server inter-infrastructure communicates both of our positions between servers, so both clients get updated on our positions realtime or close to realtime. Delay between servers are bound to happen, but bandwidth between servers ought to be higher than from peer to farthest server, thus improving the experience for simmers AND we don’t have to get tied down to one specific server for fly-ins, which is always good.