Multiple Monitors G1000 - FDS, Nav and Engine Instruments

Hello All.

I am new to MsFS and this forum. I have searched the forum and watched multiple videos. Lots of info but no answer to my problem.

This is what I wish to do.

Main Monitor - maintain cockpit view always
Monitor 1 - view G1000 FDS always
Monitor 2 - switch between G1000 Nav and Aircraft engine instruments

At take off set view on monitor 2 to engine instruments, RPM, temps, pressures, MP etc
In cruise switch monitor 2 back and forward between Nav and engine instruments.

Where am I at. Have monitors 1 & 2 recognised by Win11. Main monitor is at default. I am starting in C172 G1000. Hoping to progress to more complex machines. I have 1250hrs as PPL in Australia, C172, C182, A36. Have flown officially in 30 yrs. Now 75 yrs + and looking forward to a new challenge. Cheers

Hi All

I have watched a few videos on pop outs to additional screens. Haven’t tried it yet. The engine instruments don’t appear to be available via pop outs in FS.

I have researched Air Manager but done nothing. I am prepared to pay for it and Knobster if that is what is required now or in the future as I graduate to more complex aircraft.

I hope to get to B747 at some time in the future. So steps to progress need to consider the final goal.

Cheers

Yes Air Manager is the way to give you the versatility you desire. There is great information around using it with extra screens on these Discord servers. Both have friendly users who are running similar setups.

Here are some examples of setups for a few different aircraft to show you what can be achieved with Air Manager and MSFS.

Many thanks Sling.

I will follow your link tomorrow. Getting late here in Aus and the brain is slower than usual at this time of night. Cheers

Popout Panel Manager (POPM) is very useful.

You can assign floating windows to keystrokes.

Then you can flip between the different instruments as you desire.