Multiscreen freezes FS2020 when in fullscreen mode

Hello,
I have two monitors and I have tried to use multiscreen with FS set to fullscreen mode, but when I move an instrument window into the second monitor, FS freezes and I have to delete it from the Task Manager. On the other hand, there is no problem if the instrument window is moved with FS in Windowed mode.
Does it work for you? Thank you

FS version 1.11.6.0

I run in full screen and have moved instruments and other panels to another screen. It doesn’t freeze up for me. But I lose about 5 fps for every instrument or panel I move to that second screen. After 3, the sim is at about 15 fps and unplayable. Running in windowed mode makes no difference in my case.

Hi,
I did a bit of testing by changing both the resolution and refresh rate on my two monitors. I confirm that for me the multiscreen works well in Windowed mode, but in FullScreen mode, in any case FS freezes when I release the instruments window on the second monitor. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and the monitors are a 27-inch 165hz and a 21-inch 60hz, but even if I set them both to 60hz the result is always the same: it freeze.

Sounds like you have to change the graphics settings then.

I have already tried all possible resolution/frequency combinations on the two monitors, I even tried to change the resolution of FS. The Windowed mode didn’t give me any problems with any monitor/FS settings, the FullScreen mode didn’t accept any. I don’t understand what else I could try to do, for now I will content myself with working in Windowed mode.

Hello, I have the same problem, has a solution been found in the meantime?

Hello Ajiinn972,
welcome to our community.
I’m sorry, but I have not found solutions to this problem. My OS is Windows 10, graphic card is a GeForce GTX 1650 and FS version is 1.12.13.0 in FullScreen mode. I’ve tried all kinds of combinations of resolution and refresh rate, but every time I move a window to the secondary monitor, FS freezes. Instead everything works fine if FS is in Windowed mode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.