Must be better way to update

I find the update process via Microsoft Store to be very cumbersome. Sometimes the Store doesn’t recognize that im trying to download the update, and I have to retry it a number of times. Wouldn’t it be simpler just to have the update directly download to FltSim rather than go through the Store, once you’re a registered owner?

Did you check the content manager in your profile, Updates & downloads appear there when they are available.

When there a mandatory update, it won’t let me get as far as Content Manager. Says, go to store to get update before launching flt sim

That’s right you have to do that first before you can do anything else.
Go to the Microsoft Store and click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.
1st item is Downloads & Updates
If it doesn’t offer you the Microsoft Flight Simulator Update, look for the last one and click on it, it will take you to the Flight sim page and if it doesn’t start automatically hit play and that should get it going.

Thanks, will do that next time. Up to date now. New version is excellent! I’ve been a customer since last September. Love the improved flight training among other things.

Hey, that’s great - well done. Yeah the new flight training is great and very realistic. Watch out for a tiny bug in the downwind one, you start out at 5,000ft, but you are supposed to be at 6,000ft. Points are lost while you try to get up there, plus you end up chasing the needles. I have let them know.
Happy flying

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.