Must read if you have the DVD version

After 4 new installs of this game (sim) I was getting CDT loading always at the same time. So after trying what looks like everything I went and got a new SSD 1TB Samsung and reinstalled Windows 10 and put the odd thing on it new drivers ect.
Then using the DVD version of MSFS 10 Discs I let the installer install were it wanted to on my C drive after a long time updating I now have a MSFS that works OK NO CDT at any time and have increased FPS.
My big moan is WHY did the makers of the DVD version not say to let the installer put it were it want to.
This is only for the DVD version I have at the moment all is 100% OK and I do not have a up to date PC, but it’s not slow.

Maybe it’s not because of the DVD installation directory that’s preventing the CTDs. Perhaps it’s your new SSD that’s fixed the issue. It’s hard to tell which one is causing the issue when you made two changes in the way you install instead of one.

Indeed. I’ve got the DVD version to, but installed MSFS to an SSD from day one. No CTD’s. I very much doubt if the crash problem has anything to do with what version you purchased.